Solved

Not receiving verification texts --NOT using DIGITS

• 13 July 2018
  • 55 replies

Userlevel 1

I am not receiving verification texts. My bank requires verification and I never receive the texts I have to use email. How do fix this?

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 23 July 2019, 22:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

55 replies

You have to call to get block removed 

I payed my bill and my $80 monthly alloted credit for 3rd party apps didn't reset. So I asked support and they shrugged me off saying it will reset with the cycle on the 14th..  my bill is for the 6th. So for 8 days in the month AFTER I paid my bill, it's not active? Verizon offers $300 dollars credit a month, and they do not make you wait. Part of switching to tmobile was the customer service ratings and the entire ability to have a credit, and since I've been with tmobile I have had text after text not go through,  strange telemarketing calls I never had to worry about boost mobile selling my info, and now this... what am I missing? Should I switch to Verizon? This is crap. I have s21 ultra and I USE WIFI CALLING/TEXTING, and have high speed internet (250+mbps STABLE) PLUS even if I didn't have the wifi calling setting on AND YES IT IS ON PREFERRED, I still have a "great" signal at home with almost full bars. Not only that, while going around my city with full 5G coverage, it does the same thing... PokémonGo app shudders and skips more than my old galaxy A20 from boost mobile. This is all crap and I'm fed up with crap and I will not stop until what I pay for is what I get. 2 thousand dollar phone and a great signal you think would be all you need.. I guess you also need a RELIABLE carrier. I'll definitely be talking to some Verizon agents about switching because it's not like tmobile or sprint or whoever you are are going to change the entire fundamental infrastructure for little me. 🤔 I asked for the best and they gave me the 12GB when there is a 18GB s21... just issue after issue and when I called the store the guy was rude to me as soon as I was getting serious about returning the phone to swap it for the 18GB.. what I asked for in the first place.  I don't know if it's all smoke and mirrors (it is) or if I'm just  and it's normal not to have a 2 grand phone with a good signal all the time fail you and the cycle not to match the billing date. FROM NOW ON I will pay my bill on the 14th when my cycle is renewed, not on the 6th when I get the "hurry pay your bill now or it's late message. 

I wasn’t receiving my verification code for H&R Block. I went into the T-Mobile app and used the contact us>chat option. The rep stated it looked like I had a block on for those types of codes so she removed it. I restarted my phone and submitted another request at H&R Block.  Received the verification code and filed my tax return.

Well I called and the lady took care of it rite away for me she said oh yes I see they are being blocked and she changed the option and rite away I was able to receive the codes

On Wednesday, March 13, 2019, 8:45:39 AM EDT, jlscranton <no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:

|

T-Mobile Support

|

Not receiving verification texts --NOT using DIGITS

reply from jlscranton in Account & services - View the full discussion

Still no resolution.  Heading back to att.  Someone from T mobile was supposed to call me this morning but that hasn't happened either.  Basically T mobile relies on the pain of switching to keep clients which is a terrible business model.  I'm headed back to Att who ALWAYS resolves my issue, my calls are never dropped and I get all o fly text messages.  And yes, my cost will go up by $50 a month, but it's WORTH it!  This has been a huge headache, I"m locked out of my account for work, my boss is angry at me and T mobile is NOT addressing the problem.  So yeah, I'm pretty mad.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Account & services by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following Not receiving verification texts --NOT using DIGITS in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Did anyone figure this out yet?

I called in and the tech wasn’t able to fix it and escalated it. No blocking is enabled. I can still receive codes from half of my apps/sites (mix of 10-digit and short code numbers) but none from the others (voice call codes still get through fine). This is not my digits line, but that doesn’t work either.

I am having the same issue with received text codes to my line via DIGITS and on my phone. Particularly to Google, Amazon, PayPal, and few others. Has calling into customer service helped in removing the block, if there is one?

Badge

I just posted from Google Fi not getting any authentication texts from any provider. PayPal, Facebook, banks, Starbucks, brokerage accounts, Amazon.

same issue here

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you might have to call in to check. short code isnt something that is auto added onto everyones lines..only by request..so might be your issue.

I have no idea if short code is activated on my phone!  How does one check to see that or activate it if needed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

and you have short code activated on your line?

I have always had problems getting verification texts and One Time Codes from most places.  Some places have an email option and I use that when available.  Today I’m trying to set up my new Alexa Show and NO AMAZON ONE TIME CODE!  And they don’t have obvious email option.  The list of non-received codes is long:  Google, Gmail, AOL, Costco, Discover Card, American Airlines, JPMorgan Chase, Amazon, Paypal, Navy Federal Credit Union, United Airlines, United Federal Credit Union, Dominion Energy, Nevada Power, Langley Fed Credit Union, Samsung, Apple, .  The only ones I seem to get are T-Mobile’s and SPAM!  WOW.    I have 7 lines on my account - and have had T-Mobile since early 2000s (with a US Army account) and this account since 2012.  Never had this problem until about 2017 - thought it was lack of signal in my house - SMS doesn’t use Wi-Fi.  Phone calls to TMO have not helped either but not called recently!   Digits DOES get some verification texts - but only same ones as my phone itself.   HELP

I buy directly from Apple, I’m not losing anything by switching away from this black hole.

Xfinity - Here I come!!!

It is time to find a new carrier. No 24/7 support but the billing HASNT CHANGED. It’s time to find a carrier who works for ME … not my debit card.

T-Mobile has got to refuse in the last couple years it’s time to find a carrier who cares. I was excited for 5G but sadly this issue extends beyond 5G support and T-Mobile is completely inept at their jobs.

I’m just fed up with the BS.

I switched from Verizon to tmobile (kept same phone number) and stopped receiving short code messages for my credit card. FIXED:  go into your account on the credit card's website. Unenroll from texting. Save changes. Then re-enroll for texting. FIXED!

Short code and Android texts dont come through.

Engioneering and tech do NOT have an answer and Can not solve.

I've had the same problem with verification texts for months.  Just never thought to look it up and try to get them fixed.  Today I did and came across this thread.  I immediately called the 611 T-Mobile customer support.  The Care Team said it was a block on my line from when these kinds of texts (short-number texts) used to have an additional cost associated with them.  They removed the block while I was on the phone and now I'm getting my verification texts just fine. I saw several people didn't have the kind of excellent service we've received since coming to T-Mobile, so wanted to add my great experience into the listing here.

We left ATT because their service was SO SO bad and provided from overseas where accents and language cadence made understanding the help tech a painful experience.  I love it that our T-Mobile team is not only in the USA, but actually in our own city.  Every time I call them my issue gets resolved quickly, easily and without having to follow one of those onerous scripts where the help desk person is not allowed to "jump ahead" and just fix the problem.

I love T-Mobile.

it is opposite for me. I can receive the verification texts but I cannot receive or send any paid texts, when people sending me texts the got unable to deliver notification immediately, I called and said had a ticket working on, but never resolve for me, it is almost a months now.

I seem to be able to get some verification codes. Capital One NEVER seems to work.
I only recently switched to T-Mobile and so not sure what else works / fails

I had the same issue of not getting verification codes. I called Tmobile today and they found that my line was blocking third party messages. Once they removed the block, i got the verification codes i needed.

Userlevel 4

Hey everyone! We see that this post is still getting some views and we want to make the resolution to this issue more visible so I am going to mark this answer correct and it will be displayed at the very top of the thread.

For this specific issue, there are a few things we will need to check on the account side to ensure there is nothing preventing you from receiving these kinds of verification short codes. Some things like your specific rate plan or even a blocking feature on your line may be causing this issue and that is a very simple fix.

If there is no apparent reason you should not be receiving these verification texts or short codes, we have a process in place to notify our engineering teams via a trouble ticket so that we can take a closer look at the back end of the network to see where the hang up is.

The most common issue is a blocking feature that is on your specific line, this feature can be removed entirely so that all your verification texts come through. Now I know what you are thinking, “if everything is open, then anyone can send me short codes.” That is true but we also have the ability to black list specific short codes so that you can still receive your verification text messages but keep the bad ones at bay.

With all of that said, we do need access to your account in order to visually audit what the root of the issue is and here on a public community forum, we unfortunately do not have a secure way of verifying you. Never fear though, you can always reach out to us over the phone or on Facebook/Twitter (using the links in my signature) and our experts can get you all taken care of.

I was having same problem with verification texts from Banks. I called customer support and yes, there was a block on and they took the block off. Took a couple of minutes. Just letting folks know it can be fixed easily. Just call T-Mobile.

Thanks.

I created this account just to complain  About the same issue.  I. Goi am going through this as we speak and have been with it verification texts.  I have no what other texts I'm not receiving but tmobile I dont need you to parental control my accoun granting me access to what texts are allowed and arent allowed.  I'm a 33 year old man so give me freedom.  Geez.  Netflix verification code, bbt  verification code, paypal, amazon...do you not have a safe list of the billion dollar fortune 500 type companies in your database or a user tab where customers can control these "blocks"  become proactive, not reactive.  Live up to your former standards and you may retain those customers you won over from the former big 3. 

Also a problem for me.  I've had problems receiving confirmation texts for years, e.g. frrom HOSPITALS (!!!) to confirm things.  I probably do have some level of blocking on my account, due to T-Mobile slamming me several times for services I never subscribed to - that's your fault, not mine.  Due to previous problems with T-Mobile slamming me, I'm loath to remove any protections, as I've had no issues since the blocks were put into place.

Again, ball's in your court, T-Mobile. It took a complaint to the FCC the first and second time I was slammed to resolve this.  Do I really need to open myself up to slamming in order to get confirmation texts?