Solved

Odd number show up in text usage

For the past few months the following two numbers show up in my text usage sporadically on all four lines on my account.  404-455-0044 and 404-455-0048.  They always show as incoming, but none of the phones ever actually receive a text message.  There is no pattern or timing of when they show up, just a few times a month on each line, sometimes two texts in a row.  When you call the numbers they're not in service. I'm worried its' some kind of spam or virus. 

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 14 October 2017, 17:57

I think we need to get our engineers to take a closer look at this on the network side. The next time these messages come in, please contact us so that our tech team can get the example date/time/numbers from you. We would need to get them reported pretty quickly so our engineers can find them in your network logs so please contact us as soon as you get them again.

View original

53 replies

Userlevel 5

Hmm, if you Google the phone numbers, you'll find you are definitely not alone in seeing texts from those numbers, unfortunately it doesn't seem like there isn't much of an answer from anyone either.

Is this only happening with texts? Have they ever called? Do the time stamps correspond with any other sent or received texts?

Thank you!

-Lauren

I know. I tried googling too. Only texts never calls.  The timestamps do usually correspond with other texts, but various numbers from various subscribers, not just T-mobile.  It's so strange.

Userlevel 6

Agreed -- that is weird! Are you able to block the number if you pull up the entry in your message log?

- Marissa

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi there. Just stopping by to see if you were able to block that number. Please reply back and let us know. Thanks!

Hi, thanks for your reply. I don't know how to block the number.  I never receive anything on my phone, only on the website in my usage logs.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Gosh, that's so weird. Do you or any of the other lines use any kind of 3rd party messaging service? The other thing I'm thinking is automated messaging services. Like from banks. Have you registered for anything like that?

Userlevel 5

I think we need to get our engineers to take a closer look at this on the network side. The next time these messages come in, please contact us so that our tech team can get the example date/time/numbers from you. We would need to get them reported pretty quickly so our engineers can find them in your network logs so please contact us as soon as you get them again.

Has there been any progress on this issue? I am having the same problem. 404 455 0048 shows up on my usage but there is no text message associated with it. Please help

Userlevel 5

Hey @brimonett​,

This would need to be something that we investigate on the network side. Please contact us so that our tech teams can gather the necessary information from you.

My husband got the same number twice yesterday. I have seen a lot of posts off here from a third party chat that is attached to an app or some sort of spamwhare. I have googled and even called it but says number is no longer in service. Don't know how a number that is outta service can txt?? Someone needs to do something cause effecting a lot of people causeing problems etc

Has there been any progress on this? I called and gave information to T-Mobile support and I haven't heard back.

Userlevel 5

Hey there!

I haven't received any updates or confirmation as to where they could be coming from. 😥

-Lauren

This same exact thing has been happening on our line ending in 1385. I have called TMobile 4 times (at least), last week we changed the phone # and the texts are still coming all day, almost every single day. The numbers coming in are 404-455-0044 and 404-455-0048. Texts only that show as incoming on the usage but no text message ever comes to the inbox. If you google those numbers you will hear from, literally, hundreds of TMobile clients who are being impacted. Noone at TMobile seems to have a clue and there seems to be ZERO resolution to stop this. The #'s are out of service (if you call them) and issued by TMobile however TMobile seems to be helpless to block them. After getting over 100 messages in the last 30 days from these #'s - I really consider it harassment. If it is a scam then TMobile needs to corporately block the #'s from ALL lines and or simply identify the source so that we all know what app to delete. TMOBILE - what are you going to do to stop this asap? I have been a loyal customer for 10+ years and am simply going to leave if something doesn't change. Thank you!

I agree.  Tmobile's answer was to call tech support, but no one who has called has received an answer or resolution.  Why would I waste my time?  I don't understand how Tmobile can't figure it out.  To be honest, the reason I posted here was to see if any other customers were able to find an answer.  It seems like it's not important to T-mobile given the lack of solution for the various people who called.  I have also been a customer for 10 years.

Userlevel 5

Answers to weird situations like this typically come via engineering tickets, and with more people submitting tickets on a specific issue, the more likely it is to get escalated and resolved sooner as anything impacting many takes priority!

Has anyone here successfully filed a ticket? I found an escalation path to get it looked at, but they do need a ticket so they have reference info.

If anyone has a ticket number, please let me know, or if anyone is open to a PM for me to collect some info so I can file and escalate, I would appreciate it!

-Lauren

I got one others I am sure if they contacted you guys as well

Sent from my iPhone

Userlevel 5

@magenta2931007​ Does that mean you have filed a ticket with tech support? If so, can I have the ticket number so I can escalate it as an example?

Thank you!

-Lauren

I have been told tickets were opened each time I have called. Thx

Userlevel 5

@lookingforhelpplease​ Do you happen to have a ticket number I can reference for an escalation?

Thank you!

-Lauren

I don't. No one ever told me. Sorry. Should be in my account.

This was the txt sent to me in regards to this whole thing that all of us are questioning

Thank you for being a valued T-Mobile customer! Trouble Ticket # 17761568 has been opened on your account. Please allow 3 business days for teams to review. Resolution can take longer depending on the issue.

Sent from my iPhone

I also took notice of this just this morning. One of my lines received 2 messages, according to the 'log'

I have called about this several times and just messaged with someone today. Every time I get the same answer, and it's still happening on my line.

Userlevel 5

@magenta2931007 Thank you so very much for providing me with a ticket number! I went ahead and had it escalated and forwarded up to our engineering teams, I will let you know once I have heard something back. Hopefully that will yield an answer for everyone on here once I hear back.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. 😊 I will keep this updated as I can.

-Lauren

Anyone having this issue have any football apps installed that push

notifications?