On simple choice family plan, is current charges for previous month or the coming month?

I just got my first bill for a period starting on a date weeks before I even got the sim card. My phones were suspended for none payment, but my account had a 0 balance. After paying, now my bill has an unpaid balance of $20+? I also have a current balance of $100+. The billing is very confusing. So is this current balance for my previous usage or for the coming month? This is postpaid, so I'm thinking I get billed after I use the service. Why am I getting billed twice on my first bill?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Normally when people start service it's never at the beginning of a cycle. This causes proration in most cases.

Without looking at your bill which we will not be able to do here as this is a Customer to Customer board.

You are paying what you paid after your use but and you didnt start service on a normal cycle date dare you have this proration  (which isn't the full cost of a bill for that month).

I'm on the 4/$100 plan. It shows my service date July 21 to August 20, but I didn't get the sim cards in the mail until August 4. I already paid $100 and have an unpaid balance of $29.18. Now I have a current balance of $104.78 with $33.96 due now. So less than one month in service, I had already paid $133.96? Does this even makes sense?

Also, why do I even have an unpaid balance if this is my first bill?

Userlevel 5

Hey @kw131459‌,

We use a "Bill Current" method of billing where you pay for your service a month in advance. I understand that the first bill may look confusing but we have a pretty cool resource that can help explain. Check it out here. If you still have questions about your bill, you can always reach out to our customer care team here.

Userlevel 5

Hey Kw,

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you were able to get things cleared up?

Thanks for the follow up! CS told me I still have $100 deposit credited in my account. I only see the $100 deducted as a payment, nothing to show deposit. They assured me it's there, I'm just not able to see it in my account??

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 11:31 AM, tmo_chrisl<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:

|

T-Mobile Support Community

On simple choice family plan, is current charges for previous month or the coming month?

created by tmo_chrisl in Billing - View the full discussion

Hey Kw,

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you were able to get things cleared up?

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Billing by email or at T-Mobile Support

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

|

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Banks take up to 14 days for that kind of stuff. Generally happens within 7 for most major banks.

Userlevel 5

With deposits, those are something that you may have been required to pay when starting service, but they don't go towards your services. Only when the account is canceled or in certain circumstances will the deposit be refunded to your account where it could then be applied to the account balance or mailed back to you.

I understand, but at least it should show in my account that the deposit exist. What's there to argue, say in year, when I ask for the deposit? Absolutely nothing to prove it existed. Thanks for all your help anyway!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 4:56 PM, tmo_chrisl<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:

|

T-Mobile Support Community

created by tmo_chrisl in Billing - View the full discussion

With deposits, those are something that you may have been required to pay when starting service, but they don't go towards your services. Only when the account is canceled or in certain circumstances will the deposit be refunded to your account where it could then be applied to the account balance or mailed back to you.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Billing by email or at T-Mobile Support

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

|

Userlevel 5

Yeah, I totally get that. We don't have a dedicated section on our site or within the T-Mobile bill that will show a running tally of the deposits that you have on your account but if you paid a deposit you should be able to see that charge/payment on your first bill.