Question

On Us with AirPods promotion & rebates

• 22 December 2021
  • 33 replies

Badge

I’m having issues getting a rebate from T-mobile on the AirPod Promotion.  When I go into the rebate site https://promotions.t-mobile.com/ my phone number is auto-populated and then it requires Promotion Code.  I’ve never received a promotion code. What is this promotion code and is it unique to my purchase. I have called customer service and they basically seem like they don’t know what I’m talking about.  This is quite frustrating and I’d like to get my rebate visa.

33 replies

I am having the exact same issue.

I reached out to T-Mobile on the chat from inside the T-Mobile app and they were able to help me.

tmobile.com/rebates 

The promo code is: 2021appleairpods

You will also need the IMEI from the PHONE not the airpods to submit the rebate. It’s kinda dumb (or maybe I am LOL), but hopefully this will help someone out. I got so frustrated!

It was a black friday promotion, get free air pods or pay the difference for airpod pro.  I called about why I have a device installment on my bill for Airpod pro.  I paid the difference the day of the purchase, since i did not get regular airpods. Nobody mentioned the fact that I needed a rebate to not have to pay for the amount that was left.  This was not sent in a text or email.  So I called T-mobile today and she gave me the information on the promo rebate and I submitted it.  After I submitted the rebate- the dates to submit were from 11/19/2021 to 12/27/2021.  The rebate was received at T-Mobile onn 1/1/2022.  Not sure if the promotion dates are for the dates of purchase or dates of submission.  Not very clear on website for the rebate.  Many other issues with t-mobile today, on a 2 hour call and waiting for a subpervisor to call me back.  

Switched two family members over to T-Mobile from ATT. Lured by the On Us AirPods Promo/rebate.

Every time I attempt to access page its down! Beginning to think I should have moved family to Verizon! Will kept trying rebate page but am disappointed thus far!

Badge

Thanks Cfowler88 that code worked perfectly.  Now I’m waiting for my virtual credit card.  The status on the promotion web site reads:

Tracking ID: NCLR-7439-5755
Submission Date: 12/23/2021

Reward Information

Reward Type: Virtual Prepaid Card

This leads me to believe I’ve received the Virtual card but I have not found it in e-mail or text.  Can someone tell me if this is still pending or if the Prepaid card is out there in the ether? Thanks,

I don’t mind getting a rebate with these virtual debit cards.  They work to pay most bills or by something from whoever you shop with online. 

Thanks

Badge

tmobile.com/rebates 

The promo code is: 2021appleairpods

Yes, this is what I was given over the phone as well.  It worked to allow me to make the submission but I have no idea if it will be approved or not.  I was never given this at time I agreed to the purchase and promotion either.  I was specifically told it would automatically come to me and I would even probably get the rebate card before the airpods arrived.  Not the case at all. 

I too am confused at my bill from Tmobile now due to promotions and getting 1Phone 13’s on them.  My daughter and I both got “FREE” iPhone 13 pro’s back in September (paid the difference - sent in old phones) now our bill shows that we are making payments of ~ 30/month for these “Free” phones.  

We went to get the 3rd iPhone 13 pro on 12/27/21 and were to receive free AirPods ( we paid for them that day to get rebate after phone came in (it was on backorder).  Now we are paying for a 3rd iPhone 13 pro on bill and no code of Airpods and no free phones according to bill.  We spent hours at Tmobile _ the employees try to help but they have sheets and sheets of promos and can't keep track of them.  It is a Cluster.  

Please advise what to do - ripped off and Bill is out of control! 

So I submitted the rebate 12/2. I have confirmation of it… When I go under the T-Mobile Promotions site it shows, yet T-Mobile says “they don’t see it”. It’s on their Rewards Tracker website. I have everything Tracking ID, Promotions Number. It says “Status: Received”, but wow - they claim they don’t see it. Anyone else? Has anyone successfully gotten their rebate? It’s been over 4 weeks for me.

Thanks Cfowler88 that code worked perfectly.  Now I’m waiting for my virtual credit card.  The status on the promotion web site reads:

Tracking ID: NCLR-7439-5755
Submission Date: 12/23/2021

Reward Information

Reward Type: Virtual Prepaid Card

This leads me to believe I’ve received the Virtual card but I have not found it in e-mail or text.  Can someone tell me if this is still pending or if the Prepaid card is out there in the ether? Thanks,

I don’t mind getting a rebate with these virtual debit cards.  They work to pay most bills or by something from whoever you shop with online. 

Thanks

I am having the same issue…says received but haven’t received any refund or virtual prepaid card. I tried chatting with a T-Mobile representative but they were unable to help me. Did you ever find out where the “virtual rebate card” is

Trying to find where my rebate is for the AirPods. I checked the status and it says reward type: virtual prepaid card and then at status: received, but I have not received it. Or am I maybe missing where it would be?

I received my virtual card. It was a battle though. I ended up giving them a horrible review on the survey after the call…attached all of the screenshots I had for my submission. They called me and let me speak to someone from the promotions department who FINALLY saw my submission. Hang in there and call!

How did you receive it?  I have 4 lines that claim that the rebate is received, but I can’t find anything online about it.

The received just means they received your submission. You should get a text with a link to get your VISA card. It’ll say this

“T-Mobile: Congrats! Your Virtual Prepaid Mastercard for the 2021 Apple P1 promo is ready. Redeem here:…”

I too am confused at my bill from Tmobile now due to promotions and getting 1Phone 13’s on them.  My daughter and I both got “FREE” iPhone 13 pro’s back in September (paid the difference - sent in old phones) now our bill shows that we are making payments of ~ 30/month for these “Free” phones.  

We went to get the 3rd iPhone 13 pro on 12/27/21 and were to receive free AirPods ( we paid for them that day to get rebate after phone came in (it was on backorder).  Now we are paying for a 3rd iPhone 13 pro on bill and no code of Airpods and no free phones according to bill.  We spent hours at Tmobile _ the employees try to help but they have sheets and sheets of promos and can't keep track of them.  It is a Cluster.  

We also fell for the promotion of getting the iPhone 13 and the AirPods for free. We saw charges on our bill for the AirPods . When I called T-Mobile, I was told that here is only one free AirPods per account and we would pay for the others. At no time was that mentioned when we ordered the phone. We ended up sending 2 sets of AirPods back to T-Mobile.  This is a definite bait and switch tactic.

We also fell for the promotion of getting the iPhone 13 and the AirPods for free. We saw charges on our bill for the AirPods . When I called T-Mobile, I was told that here is only one free AirPods per account and we would pay for the others. At no time was that mentioned when we ordered the phone. We ended up sending 2 sets of AirPods back to T-Mobile.  This is a definite bait and switch tactic

I miss Sprint.

I switched to tmobile and got the airpods - I”m being charged for them every month - NO CREDIT yet. 

You won’t see a credit. You’ll get a VISA gift card. Took me nearly 8 weeks to get it.

We also fell for the promotion of getting the iPhone 13 and the AirPods for free. We saw charges on our bill for the AirPods . When I called T-Mobile, I was told that here is only one free AirPods per account and we would pay for the others. At no time was that mentioned when we ordered the phone. We ended up sending 2 sets of AirPods back to T-Mobile.  This is a definite bait and switch tactic.

T-Mobile was not being transparent on their 2021 Airpods P1 promotion Black Friday deal. I also fell for this promotion even AFTER I chatted with T-Mobile to obtain clarification and they assured me everything was fine. I upgraded (3) phones to 13 Pro however, only 1 phone was approved for the P1 promotion. The other 2 was denied since you can only redeem (1) offer per account, not per line. 

T-Mobile never mentioned this when I discussed with them prior to purchasing and this was not in the fine print or disclaimer. They would not allow me to return the Airpods even though they are still sealed. Instead, they only provided (1) additional credit of $130. So I am out of $130. 

We will be switching to Verizon after our contract is over as we do not want to be affiliated with a company that doesn’t want to own up to their marketing mistakes. 

T-Mobile was not being transparent on their 2021 Airpods P1 promotion Black Friday deal. I also fell for this promotion even AFTER I chatted with T-Mobile to obtain clarification and they assured me everything was fine. I upgraded (3) phones to 13 Pro however, only 1 phone was approved for the P1 promotion. The other 2 was denied since you can only redeem (1) offer per account, not per line. 

T-Mobile never mentioned this when I discussed with them prior to purchasing and this was not in the fine print or disclaimer. They would not allow me to return the Airpods even though they are still sealed. Instead, they only provided (1) additional credit of $130. So I am out of $130. 

We will be switching to Verizon after our contract is over as we do not want to be affiliated with a company that doesn’t want to own up to their marketing mistakes. 

Same here, I got two airpods and just found out that one of them was denied.  The reason was that the promo is one per account.  I did this in store, so if that is true, then why would the store associate give me two sets of airpods……….

I switched from Sprint to T-Mobile and added my wife and mother-in-law to my account. We traded in three old phones for three new ones and were told we qualified for a promotion of $130 off each set of three Airpods. When the bill came they were not discounted like they should have been. I called and spoke with Deborah who figured it out and sent me a link to the promotion redemption page with the code. Neither worked.  I called back a second time, spoke with Aljay who put me on hold to speak with his boss and informed me that his boss was going to terminate the payment plan for all three sets of headphones and I would receive a credit for what I have already paid. Airpods still on my bill. I called a third time the guy I talked to seemed to have problems grasping what was wrong. After we had been talking for a while he even asked out of the blue me if I was calling because I wanted to add another line. In the end I was left with, "So sorry, someone told you something that they shouldn't have" and "at least you have only ten more payments and then the headphones will be paid off and your bill will go down by fifty dollars." That would be me paying $150 for headphones I never would have purchased had they not been for such a great price to begin with.  

T-Mobile is cheating on this promotion.

I upgraded 3 lines to 3 iphone 13s and submitted 3 airpod reward requests.  Today I was told only one request can be approved based on the following reason: 

• The limit has been reached for the number of payouts for this account on this promotion.

The promotion clearly said each account could receive 3 rewards.  Now T-Mobile says only one airpod.

Why does T-Mobile do this to its customers?  If T-Mobile only wanted to provide one reward for each account, why just say so in the promotion?  I could buy airpods from other places with much lower prices.

To further illustrate how little they care about their customers, I was given a survey. First question was would you refer T-Mobile to friends and family. I gave it a 4. Next the survey wanted to know why I ranked it this, I responded we had taken part of the promotion for three sets of Airpods and T-Mobile was not holding up their end of the bargain. Then no more questions.

D’oh! Maybe I should have been more subtle. 

I used to like T-Mobile, but this ruins it for me.