Question

On Us with AirPods promotion & rebates

• 22 December 2021
  • 33 replies

Badge

I’m having issues getting a rebate from T-mobile on the AirPod Promotion.  When I go into the rebate site https://promotions.t-mobile.com/ my phone number is auto-populated and then it requires Promotion Code.  I’ve never received a promotion code. What is this promotion code and is it unique to my purchase. I have called customer service and they basically seem like they don’t know what I’m talking about.  This is quite frustrating and I’d like to get my rebate visa.

33 replies

Im on the phone with them now trying to figure this out. I too was under the assumption that all i had to do was wait for my rebate and they would handle it. I wasnt told about a promo code at the time of purchase either. The store i go to is brutal. Its like ClUb T-Mobile in there, a hang out. The girl didnt even set up the insurance on my phone when i told her i wanted it so i ended up getting apple care.Thankfully the girl im on the phone with is helpful. Got to say im glad i found this thread because i directed her to it and now she sees that i indeed got my phone during this promotion. Just hope there was no time limit to when you have to claim….None of our faults. Dont know why we weren't told about the promo code.

The lady i got was really good. Unfortunately, i didnt make the promo code but she adjusted my bill for the next 4 months of 20 bucks. So i basically paid for these in full minus the 8 bucks…. God that new haven store is garbage bunch of clowns Tik Toking

Thanks Cfowler88 that code worked perfectly.  Now I’m waiting for my virtual credit card.  The status on the promotion web site reads:

Tracking ID: NCLR-7439-5755
Submission Date: 12/23/2021

Reward Information

Reward Type: Virtual Prepaid Card

This leads me to believe I’ve received the Virtual card but I have not found it in e-mail or text.  Can someone tell me if this is still pending or if the Prepaid card is out there in the ether? Thanks,

I don’t mind getting a rebate with these virtual debit cards.  They work to pay most bills or by something from whoever you shop with online. 

Thanks

I am having the same issue…says received but haven’t received any refund or virtual prepaid card. I tried chatting with a T-Mobile representative but they were unable to help me. Did you ever find out where the “virtual rebate card” is

Me too. Says received but don’t see it. You even choose add to wallet I believe. Looking for it in my iPhone wallet, T-Mobile account, and email…nothing. Also, got booted out of my $1000 migration offer. Forever screwed by cellphone company again. Sprint was just as bad. 

I too am confused at my bill from Tmobile now due to promotions and getting 1Phone 13’s on them.  My daughter and I both got “FREE” iPhone 13 pro’s back in September (paid the difference - sent in old phones) now our bill shows that we are making payments of ~ 30/month for these “Free” phones.  

We went to get the 3rd iPhone 13 pro on 12/27/21 and were to receive free AirPods ( we paid for them that day to get rebate after phone came in (it was on backorder).  Now we are paying for a 3rd iPhone 13 pro on bill and no code of Airpods and no free phones according to bill.  We spent hours at Tmobile _ the employees try to help but they have sheets and sheets of promos and can't keep track of them.  It is a Cluster.  

Please advise what to do - ripped off and Bill is out of control! 

You got off light. Try fixing your bill after trading in five: 1-iPhone7, 2-iPhone10R, 1-iPhoneX and 1-iPhone12. I also paid ‘all the differences” and so on. They screwed the whole thing up soooo badly. That was Nov 2021, here it is March 2022 I still haven’t received a correct/normal bill yet. I went from $119 a month NEVER HAD AN ISSUE FOR YEARS. To 5 different screwed up bills and amounts and attempted corrections in a row now. They messed it all up (and the AirPods debacle) and for the rep who set it all up and assured me MANY TIMES everything was going to come out just right they charged me a representative helper fee of $30 PER PHONE!

I’m having issues getting a rebate from T-mobile on the AirPod Promotion.  When I go into the rebate site https://promotions.t-mobile.com/ my phone number is auto-populated and then it requires Promotion Code.  I’ve never received a promotion code. What is this promotion code and is it unique to my purchase. I have called customer service and they basically seem like they don’t know what I’m talking about.  This is quite frustrating and I’d like to get my rebate visa.

Evidently no one wants to fix this. I got talked into the AirPods promotion in December 2021 (didn’t know about this forum before so never saw all the issues). Never could get the submission process to work, kept saying ”There was a problem. Please try again” and wouldn’t get off the very first page where you enter the phone number and promo code. Once and only once did it get off that page and then it said “you can’t submit because you have reach the maximum number of this type of rebate” (it is the ONLY one I ever did) and after 30 days T-Mobile told me flat out sorry it has been past 30 days so your rebate is no good anymore.

Believed the ad that phone and AirPods were “on us” especially when this was “verified” by the salespeople at the local store. No mention or documentation about having to do a rebate for the AirPods. I was assured that I would see charges for the AirPods and new phone on my bill followed by credits for the same amount each month and as long as I stayed a TMobile customer it would pay off automatically. I repeatedly asked about additional charges. No, they assured me. But, I was warned, the bill would take a month or two to be regular because I was getting the promotion and the new phone, etc. but be patient and the various charges and credits would cycle and it would be the same each month after that unless I changed plans. So three months of confusing bills later I called today. The representative passes judgement by asking me why I waited so long to call if I had billing questions while telling me for the first time about the rebate it is too late to apply for now. Salt in the wound is already having AirPods Pro, I did not need or want them but took them because they were supposed to be completely FREE. By the way, they remain unopened to this day. The rep then explains that there was actually a $7 difference between my promotional credit and the amount of my phone payment which means the FREE phone will cost me $210 after all. Finally, he admitted they shorted me a month of “credit” and put it on the account. Don’t get me started on the home internet fiasco as that requires separate customer service calls to address. Then at the end of the call the rep asks if I will recommend TMobile to my friends and family and can’t seem to understand why I said NO!!!! 

I got lured to this airpod Promo.i would call this as a scam by Tmobile by luring customers with their false advertisement. Got 2 airpods and while purchasing, their website dint mention anything about this blunder , not even while applying for rebate they dint mention that it can b done for one device per account. But not they are claiming this. T-Mobile - this is a scam !! If you dont know what it means. You wont sustain this industry if you are cheating customers with your false advertisements !!

Switched two family members over to T-Mobile from ATT. Lured by the On Us AirPods Promo/rebate.

Every time I attempt to access page its down! Beginning to think I should have moved family to Verizon! Will kept trying rebate page but am disappointed thus far!

I got lured to this airpod Promo.i would call this as a scam by Tmobile by luring customers with their false advertisement. Got 2 airpods and while purchasing, their website dint mention anything about this blunder , not even while applying for rebate they dint mention that it can b done for one device per account. But not they are claiming this. T-Mobile - this is a scam !! If you dont know what it means. You wont sustain this industry if you are cheating customers with your false advertisements !!

So I fell for this same story! Switched in Nov from sprint to t mobile because the military plan was better and we were told to switch before they forced it in 2022. Turned in 2 paid off iPhone 11’s for 2 13’s and turned in my new 12 pro max for a 13 along with 2 of the 3 AirPods we were offered. Before I signed everything I double and triple checked that I had completed and done all required processes for the promotions. I patiently waited the 2-3 billing cycles as expected, paid my last sprint bill Dec 5 and was charged my first bill from t mobile Dec 15th. Both included lease payments. That’s a mess I’m just done fighting over. The new issue is the lines with the 13’s have the applied trade in credit however they say o never turned in my 12 pro max. I have since submitted the receipt of turn in as well as the original box with the matching serial number and IEMI number from the receipt. They are “looking into” the $1000 credit I was told to expect. As far as the AirPods go I have now been told the same, one one per account, the promotion has expired (since I waited the instructed 2-3 cycles for correct billing) and was offered a one time curtesy credit of $65. So now I’m paying full price for my 13 pro max, as well as the installments on the AirPods I didn’t even want.  

keep me in the loop if anyone starts a class action suit. I’m ready to agree to participate. This just isn’t right and they are not taking any accountability for it. 

To further illustrate how little they care about their customers, I was given a survey. First question was would you refer T-Mobile to friends and family. I gave it a 4. Next the survey wanted to know why I ranked it this, I responded we had taken part of the promotion for three sets of Airpods and T-Mobile was not holding up their end of the bargain. Then no more questions.

D’oh! Maybe I should have been more subtle. 

I used to like T-Mobile, but this ruins it for me.

T-Mobile is cheating on this promotion.

I upgraded 3 lines to 3 iphone 13s and submitted 3 airpod reward requests.  Today I was told only one request can be approved based on the following reason: 

• The limit has been reached for the number of payouts for this account on this promotion.

The promotion clearly said each account could receive 3 rewards.  Now T-Mobile says only one airpod.

Why does T-Mobile do this to its customers?  If T-Mobile only wanted to provide one reward for each account, why just say so in the promotion?  I could buy airpods from other places with much lower prices.

I switched from Sprint to T-Mobile and added my wife and mother-in-law to my account. We traded in three old phones for three new ones and were told we qualified for a promotion of $130 off each set of three Airpods. When the bill came they were not discounted like they should have been. I called and spoke with Deborah who figured it out and sent me a link to the promotion redemption page with the code. Neither worked.  I called back a second time, spoke with Aljay who put me on hold to speak with his boss and informed me that his boss was going to terminate the payment plan for all three sets of headphones and I would receive a credit for what I have already paid. Airpods still on my bill. I called a third time the guy I talked to seemed to have problems grasping what was wrong. After we had been talking for a while he even asked out of the blue me if I was calling because I wanted to add another line. In the end I was left with, "So sorry, someone told you something that they shouldn't have" and "at least you have only ten more payments and then the headphones will be paid off and your bill will go down by fifty dollars." That would be me paying $150 for headphones I never would have purchased had they not been for such a great price to begin with.  

I too am confused at my bill from Tmobile now due to promotions and getting 1Phone 13’s on them.  My daughter and I both got “FREE” iPhone 13 pro’s back in September (paid the difference - sent in old phones) now our bill shows that we are making payments of ~ 30/month for these “Free” phones.  

We went to get the 3rd iPhone 13 pro on 12/27/21 and were to receive free AirPods ( we paid for them that day to get rebate after phone came in (it was on backorder).  Now we are paying for a 3rd iPhone 13 pro on bill and no code of Airpods and no free phones according to bill.  We spent hours at Tmobile _ the employees try to help but they have sheets and sheets of promos and can't keep track of them.  It is a Cluster.  

We also fell for the promotion of getting the iPhone 13 and the AirPods for free. We saw charges on our bill for the AirPods . When I called T-Mobile, I was told that here is only one free AirPods per account and we would pay for the others. At no time was that mentioned when we ordered the phone. We ended up sending 2 sets of AirPods back to T-Mobile.  This is a definite bait and switch tactic.

T-Mobile was not being transparent on their 2021 Airpods P1 promotion Black Friday deal. I also fell for this promotion even AFTER I chatted with T-Mobile to obtain clarification and they assured me everything was fine. I upgraded (3) phones to 13 Pro however, only 1 phone was approved for the P1 promotion. The other 2 was denied since you can only redeem (1) offer per account, not per line. 

T-Mobile never mentioned this when I discussed with them prior to purchasing and this was not in the fine print or disclaimer. They would not allow me to return the Airpods even though they are still sealed. Instead, they only provided (1) additional credit of $130. So I am out of $130. 

We will be switching to Verizon after our contract is over as we do not want to be affiliated with a company that doesn’t want to own up to their marketing mistakes. 

Same here, I got two airpods and just found out that one of them was denied.  The reason was that the promo is one per account.  I did this in store, so if that is true, then why would the store associate give me two sets of airpods……….

We also fell for the promotion of getting the iPhone 13 and the AirPods for free. We saw charges on our bill for the AirPods . When I called T-Mobile, I was told that here is only one free AirPods per account and we would pay for the others. At no time was that mentioned when we ordered the phone. We ended up sending 2 sets of AirPods back to T-Mobile.  This is a definite bait and switch tactic.

T-Mobile was not being transparent on their 2021 Airpods P1 promotion Black Friday deal. I also fell for this promotion even AFTER I chatted with T-Mobile to obtain clarification and they assured me everything was fine. I upgraded (3) phones to 13 Pro however, only 1 phone was approved for the P1 promotion. The other 2 was denied since you can only redeem (1) offer per account, not per line. 

T-Mobile never mentioned this when I discussed with them prior to purchasing and this was not in the fine print or disclaimer. They would not allow me to return the Airpods even though they are still sealed. Instead, they only provided (1) additional credit of $130. So I am out of $130. 

We will be switching to Verizon after our contract is over as we do not want to be affiliated with a company that doesn’t want to own up to their marketing mistakes. 

You won’t see a credit. You’ll get a VISA gift card. Took me nearly 8 weeks to get it.

I switched to tmobile and got the airpods - I”m being charged for them every month - NO CREDIT yet. 

I miss Sprint.

We also fell for the promotion of getting the iPhone 13 and the AirPods for free. We saw charges on our bill for the AirPods . When I called T-Mobile, I was told that here is only one free AirPods per account and we would pay for the others. At no time was that mentioned when we ordered the phone. We ended up sending 2 sets of AirPods back to T-Mobile.  This is a definite bait and switch tactic

The received just means they received your submission. You should get a text with a link to get your VISA card. It’ll say this

“T-Mobile: Congrats! Your Virtual Prepaid Mastercard for the 2021 Apple P1 promo is ready. Redeem here:…”

How did you receive it?  I have 4 lines that claim that the rebate is received, but I can’t find anything online about it.

I received my virtual card. It was a battle though. I ended up giving them a horrible review on the survey after the call…attached all of the screenshots I had for my submission. They called me and let me speak to someone from the promotions department who FINALLY saw my submission. Hang in there and call!

Trying to find where my rebate is for the AirPods. I checked the status and it says reward type: virtual prepaid card and then at status: received, but I have not received it. Or am I maybe missing where it would be?

Thanks Cfowler88 that code worked perfectly.  Now I’m waiting for my virtual credit card.  The status on the promotion web site reads:

Tracking ID: NCLR-7439-5755
Submission Date: 12/23/2021

Reward Information

Reward Type: Virtual Prepaid Card

This leads me to believe I’ve received the Virtual card but I have not found it in e-mail or text.  Can someone tell me if this is still pending or if the Prepaid card is out there in the ether? Thanks,

I don’t mind getting a rebate with these virtual debit cards.  They work to pay most bills or by something from whoever you shop with online. 

Thanks

I am having the same issue…says received but haven’t received any refund or virtual prepaid card. I tried chatting with a T-Mobile representative but they were unable to help me. Did you ever find out where the “virtual rebate card” is

So I submitted the rebate 12/2. I have confirmation of it… When I go under the T-Mobile Promotions site it shows, yet T-Mobile says “they don’t see it”. It’s on their Rewards Tracker website. I have everything Tracking ID, Promotions Number. It says “Status: Received”, but wow - they claim they don’t see it. Anyone else? Has anyone successfully gotten their rebate? It’s been over 4 weeks for me.