Question

Oneplus 8 sim unlock

Badge

Hello.
I live outside the US, but I bought a Oneplus 8 phone at a US auction.
It turned out that the phone is locked under T-Mobile and I cannot use it in my country (Ukraine).
An attempt to unlock it in the settings failed, it gives an error 255.
Is there some way to unlock the phone if the seller does not answer me and I cannot contact him?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

T-Mobile’s SIM unlock policy is pretty self explanatory.  

SIM Unlock Policy | Unlock Your Mobile Wireless Device (t-mobile.com)

However, you could try a third party unlocking service online to see if they can unlock it for you.  

Badge

T-Mobile’s SIM unlock policy is pretty self explanatory.  

SIM Unlock Policy | Unlock Your Mobile Wireless Device (t-mobile.com)

Yes, I read.
But the problem is that I do not have access to the account to which the device is linked.
IMEI check shows that the device is not locked, that everything is fine with them.
How can I apply to unlock the device if I do not live in the USA and am not a T-Mobile user?

However, you could try a third party unlocking service online to see if they can unlock it for you.  

Can you tell me about these services?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Is the phone locked or black listed?

As for looking for a 3rd party company to unlock the phone just do a Google search.

Badge

Is the phone locked or black listed?

I do not live in the USA and do not know the intricacies of using your operators. The picture shows the result that the IMEI check gave me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I wouldn't post your imei number.

If the phone is locked by tmobile and you don't meet the requirements then a 3rd party unlock company may be the only way to unlock it.

In the mean time have you tried to use the temporary unlock option or does it not show.

Badge

Maybe there is some kind of e-mail, which can be used to submit a request for unlocking? In the online chat on the site, such questions are not considered.
I would describe the situation, maybe they helped me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

There is no support email.