Solved

Out of the Country and would like to Suspend/Pause my account. How?

• 19 May 2018
  • 5 replies

I spend most of the year outside of the US, but when I return I like to use the same phone number to make it easier on all my friends and family.

Thing is, $60/month for something I only use 2-3 months per year, is a bit much. Is there any way I can pause my account when I am over-seas, or put it in a limited state (no data, no international, etc)? Even dropping to $20 month with a complete hold, would still be better.

icon

Best answer by tmo_lauren 23 May 2018, 21:01

Great questions!

Correct, there is still a charge to maintain the line, so you will be billed $10 a month during the suspension time.

After 90 days, the line will restore and while there is no restore fee, you will go back to being charged the standard monthly charge!

-Lauren

View original

5 replies

Found This:

Suspend or restore your line

Suspend or restore your line

1. Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.
  2. Click PHONE.
  3. Click either Report lost or stolen or Temporary suspension, depending on the type of suspension you need.
  4. Follow the on-screen steps to suspend or restore your line.

When I go through the steps, I see this:
  • You may voluntarily suspend your service once per year for a maximum period of 90 consecutive days.
  • Voluntary suspensions extend your contract (if applicable) for an amount of time equal to suspension.
  • If you have other lines associated with this account and they remain active, no contract extension is required.
  • Your account must remain current during the time the line is suspended.
  • If you have a monthly phone payment you will be required to make it while your line is suspended.
  • A $10 suspend fee may apply.
"If you have a monthly phone payment, you will be required to make it while your line is suspended."  <------ ????
My Plan:  Simple Choice North America UNL TT + D   which is $50/month
So if I suspend the account, am I still paying the $50/month?
Userlevel 5
Badge +12

That's if you bought a phone under a payment plan you will still have to pay that.

So if my phone is fully paid for, and I am paying $50/month for my service, and I suspend the service for 90 days, I have to pay $10 suspension fee, and whatever fee for ending the suspension. Correct?

If I enter the time frame for the suspension (say 90 days), will the phone automatically restart service after the 90 days? Is there a charge at that time, or do you only get charged if you restart service before the requested restart date?

Userlevel 5

Great questions!

Correct, there is still a charge to maintain the line, so you will be billed $10 a month during the suspension time.

After 90 days, the line will restore and while there is no restore fee, you will go back to being charged the standard monthly charge!

-Lauren

Userlevel 2

Could you switch to a cheap pre-paid plan - then switch back to your regular plan?