Outbound calls being dropped every 15 minutes??

I have been WFH and my out bound calls are being dropped after minutes.  I have restarted phone, reset network and spoke to tmobile who had no answer.

Anyone else experiencing this??

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

WFH?

working from home

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are you by chance using wifi calling when this is happening?

Yes I am on my S9

But when I use an old phone on the other number on my account with wifi, it

doesn't happen.

Carol Sica

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

have you power cycled your router in case the issue is on that side and not on the devices side?

only real test to rule out device or router would be to connect to a different wifi connection and make a few calls to see if the same thing happens or not...not an unheard of issue but also not something that happens often.

how long has it been doing this? and just prior to it starting to happen were there any changes on your end router wise or anything?

Workes fine for 4 weeks

The problems this week.

No changes made

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

texts sent/received work fine though while connected to the same wifi connection?

same issue if you leave and you make a call while out and about on the mobile network instead or works fine?

Only happens with calls made sitting in house same seat. Blocking my number

when I make calls.

Everything else works fine, texts, apps etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

any other phones in the house?

and if so are they running into the same issues while connected to WFC(wifi calling)?

and if there are other phones in the house..are they also Sammy devices or a mix and match of devices?

and lastly...when you notice this happening..even though you are connected to WFC...do you still have a network connection through TMO or is it pretty dead?

im about to be home bound here in a moment and more than likely wont pop back on until Monday..all the above info will help anyone else trying to help you troubleshoot what might be going on..or i'll be back on Monday to see what your response was..might have an idea but need to narrow it down a bit more first troubleshooting wise before i decide to jump to that one lol.

oh..one last last question..you said "only happens with calls made sitting in house same seat"...do you mean it works fine in other parts of the house minus where you have been WFH?

Other cellphone working fine, used an S4 did not drop calls.

No other devices in house.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

there was a issue i was tracking there for a bit that only seemed to mess with Samsung phones..or at least semi newer ones and WFC..what i noticed at least with Sprint and Verizon Sammys was if the phone didnt have at least a small bit of a data connection through the mobile side WFC wouldnt work correctly..i didnt monitor it much through TMOs site but mainly through V and S.. it was something that Sammy changed up a bit with their phones after a certain update..no idea why seeing as how my LG G8 can have zero signal through the mobile side and as long as im connected to wifi i can use WFC just fine to take up the slack..

sounds like the issue you are running into however i cant prove its what you are seeing..main reason i think this is what you are running into is the fact that the room you have this issue in is the one where you get the worst mobile signal...if you go into any of the other rooms and you get a better signal then its working fine call wise correct with WFC?

again dont quote me on this one but again its something i have tracked for a while on both Sprint and Verizons sites...just not sure the same thing was happening on the GSM side

I have similar issues most calls drop a few seconds after connecting since the forced shift to WiFi calling began. I'm on high speed with Spectrum. A work around that is currently effective for me since I have decent tower reception where I live is shutting off wifi before answering or placing calls. We shouldn't have to use work arounds to make calls or buy new phones just so the cell companies can cheap out on us.This could be terrible for anyone trying to place a call for emergency services.