outgoing text 7727

• 8 November 2022
  • 20 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

Why do I see outgoing text to 7727?

20 replies

Same here, it says ive been texting 7727 a lot of times, like 300 times plus, but theres no history on my messages, does anyone have a clue on whats going on? Thanks

Did you find out anything on that 7727 because I’m seeing a lot on my wife’s phone 

Same here.

Same here just a whole lot of incoming 7727 and a couple outing on my wife’s Text data.. Weird thing is I don’t have it popping up on my days usage not one time and I text way more than she does.. stretched all over and can’t find any information on why it’s logging Text this way.

Me as well. I'm assuming it's a text using a texting app maybe? I'm sure a lot of us have an an unfaithful spouse with secrets to hide maybe? 

I believe this is the spam text reporting number.  When u get a spam text u can report it and this four digit number is it.

7727 spells SPAM for clarification.

https://www.cnn.com/2012/03/19/tech/mobile/text-spam-gahran

The link talks about 7726 when it’s popping up OUTGOING 7727? You know like controlled text messages? 

I tried this SPAM reporting number and didn't get anything back from T-Mobile on an obvious spam text.  So i am not sure what is going on and I am pretty sure the line in question I have seen it on is not doing this on there own.  Has anyone asked a t-mobile rep what other possible reasons the phone does this?

I can tell you this my husband sure does text back in fourth when we’re not together. Conveniently! One thing I know is after getting caught with texting and call logs he changed the game. It’s a text app guys. 

Okay so the reason for the 7727 text happens when you delete a message and report it as junk! It sends a report to t-mobile and Apple. Not sure how no one was able to figure that out, BUT THAT IS THE ANSWER! 

I can tell you this my husband sure does text back in fourth when we’re not together. Conveniently! One thing I know is after getting caught with texting and call logs he changed the game. It’s a text app guys. 

Okay so the reason for the 7727 text happens when you delete a message and report it as junk! It sends a report to t-mobile and Apple. Not sure how no one was able to figure that out, BUT THAT IS THE ANSWER!

I tried this SPAM reporting number and didn't get anything back from T-Mobile on an obvious spam text.  So i am not sure what is going on and I am pretty sure the line in question I have seen it on is not doing this on there own.  Has anyone asked a t-mobile rep what other possible reasons the phone does this?

Me as well. I'm assuming it's a text using a texting app maybe? I'm sure a lot of us have an an unfaithful spouse with secrets to hide maybe? 

Same here just a whole lot of incoming 7727 and a couple outing on my wife’s Text data.. Weird thing is I don’t have it popping up on my days usage not one time and I text way more than she does.. stretched all over and can’t find any information on why it’s logging Text this way.

Same here, it says ive been texting 7727 a lot of times, like 300 times plus, but theres no history on my messages, does anyone have a clue on whats going on? Thanks

I am confused, I have so many of these listed as 7727 but I haven’t deleted and reported a junk message 700 times. 

Anyone find anything out about this?

Did you ever find out what this is? It is showing on my T-Mobile app records as well. I do not have a texting app other than Teams, but those shouldn’t show on my messaging at all. 

did you put in a ticket or get a response on this?

These are texts out to like straight talk phones, companies that pay ahead from like Walmart! I had the same think happen to me and finally figured it out. 

@Mermaid how do you know that's what it was? There seems to be a lot of different answers as to what it is?