Question

Outsourced customer service

Badge

When I joined T-Mobile (Dec 2021) I was told that every time I called in about something, there would only be like 3 people that handled my account… I was told that was what made T-Mobile different than other companies.  Within the last couple months, whenever I call I get outsourced to someone different every time. I have had problems with my bill every month and am tired of dealing with someone different every month.  It’s getting very frustrating.  

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

where exactly did you hear that? no company is going to assign agents to assist only one specific customer. if it were a business account perhaps..

Badge

I was told it by the agent that was helping at the time (over the phone) she said that her and I think she said 2 others would be part of my dedicated care team.  She said that Tmobile does this some customers do not have to deal with a different person everytime they call in.   I even messaged Tmobile on Facebook this morning and was told that ‘they have Global Care partners stepping in and that during Covid there were changes made to how calls were handled but are moving back to getting accts connected with each dedicated care team’.  

What makes it SO hard is there is a huge communication barrier with the outsourced services now. I always politely state I am having a hard time understanding, but after it happening every single time, I find myself SO frustrated. 

I have been a customer probably about 20 years, and have stayed one due to the stellar customer service, however I am going to go to the local store, and cancel. 

I need to get support when I need it, without barriers. 

When I joined T-Mobile (Dec 2021) I was told that every time I called in about something, there would only be like 3 people that handled my account… I was told that was what made T-Mobile different than other companies.  Within the last couple months, whenever I call I get outsourced to someone different every time. I have had problems with my bill every month and am tired of dealing with someone different every month.  It’s getting very frustrating.  

Yep it definitely said where your expert team was located and there were only a few reps for you personally. 

Did T-Mobile move their customer service overseas?  There used to be a dedicated team of experts that really new their products now its waiting long times just to add a service not to mention they don't know pricing.  Seem as if we are going from okay to worse. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I called the sales people about switching from Verizon, but their english was so bad we could barley communicate.  I gave up and did the switcheroo in person at a store.  A bit inconvenient for me, but a very competent young lady got it done quickly with no activation fee.  And a new Moto G 5g for free as well.  I hope I never need to call about any problems.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I called the sales people about switching from Verizon, but their english was so bad we could barley communicate.  I gave up and did the switcheroo in person at a store.  A bit inconvenient for me, but a very competent young lady got it done quickly with no activation fee.  And a new Moto G 5g for free as well.  I hope I never need to call about any problems.  

personally i stick to contacting them through one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter. easier to deal with and zero chance of accent/language barriers happening.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

personally i stick to contacting them through one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter. easier to deal with and zero chance of accent/language barriers happening.

Ahh yes, social media.  Not an option for me, no FB, Twitter, IG, etc.  You get the picture.  Other than a couple of forums, social media just doesn't appeal to me.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

sadly there are mods and admins in here however no assistance with anything that would need account access.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If you are a postpaid customer and want to reach someone in the US when calling in.  Try at 7AM ET during weekdays.  

Customer service is a joke. We have had a business account for over 9 years. Typically get outsourced to a foreign country.  Tonight was the icing on the cake when I had the displeasure of speaking with Vince who struggled to answer my questions about our account. So I asked for a manger to confirm the updates had been done so that our daughter would not have any issues tomorrow out of state. He tried refusing then said it would be a few minutes and put me on hold. Well he neglected to mute himself. Muted me but not himself so never heard me tell him I could hear him. Well for almost two hours I had to hear dogs barking and his sex talk slipping in and out of English. OMG. I recorded it with my iPad after the first 10 minutes.  I then called back on my husbands phone and asked for a manager. I ended up speaking with a very nice manager who could hear VINCE and his discussion in the background. All about sharing her sexy Facebook …. blah blah blah. She was making a report and jumped on the call to hear him say I have customer in hold now an hour and 10 minutes then start talking about her sexy again. 
yeah great business reps you have us dealing with now TMobile.  To top it off he hung up the call after 2 hours nearly. I told the manager that. About 15 minutes later he called me back and it sounded like he was in his car. He said this is Vince and I'm calling because I know it took a long time but I was waiting on customer support to pick up the line.  I cut him off and let him no “ no Vince. You lied and never reached out to your manager and you failed to mute your conversation. I heard it all and recorded it all. Including your remark about having me on hold over an hour and the manager heard you say it. We also heard all your sex talk and Facebook chit chat so we have nothing more to discuss “ he simply said after a LONG pause ok ✅