Question

Paramount Plus Live Has Never Worked

• 27 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

I have the free years’ worth of Paramount Plus and the live part of it has never worked. I gave up trying to watch it a long time ago. I've updated my Roku box looked for updates to apps restarted my system and nothing works. For example if I try to watch NFL football on Sunday on Paramount Plus, the sound and video are never In Sync and eventually the screen just freezes. So the free years' worth of Paramount Plus for live TV has been completely useless.  On Demand works fine but live TV- no es bueno.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The free version doesn't come with the live channels.

I have free Paramount plan from Tmobile and it doesn't offer me live channels. I can upgrade to the $9.99 a month plan and get them but it's not worth it to me.

I can only watch the NFL live on my computer. It never works through my Roku or iPhone. The Roku gives me an error without ever loading and it doesn’t even show up as an option on my phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

out of curiosity has anyone contacted Paramount? it isnt Paramount by TMO...its Paramount

Badge

I've discovered it's not T-Mobile at all. It's paramount that's the problem. The problems with their live TV on their Paramount Plus app go back years and it's not T mobile’s fault about the subscription. I have a possible solution for my Roku box but I haven't tried it yet. My attempted subscription was screwed up because of an incorrect e-mail on my account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The original version of the Paramount +plan for $4.99 had live TV included then they changed the plans and it only came with the $9.99 plan which is why the Tmobile version does not have live TV since it was offered after the change.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

The original version of the Paramount +plan for $4.99 had live TV included then they changed the plans and it only came with the $9.99 plan which is why the Tmobile version does not have live TV since it was offered after the change.

I believe the original poster is simply referring to the live CBS NFL games streamed on Sunday which is included with the base $4.99 plan (there are some other minimal live offerings with the base plan also - just not live prime time shows).

However, I’ve found Paramount+ to be the most unreliable streaming service I use on both TMO and my backup, Visible. Paramount+ yields the most buffering, freezing, and audio sync problems when connection speeds are sporadic. Their adaptive streaming simply  isn’t on a par with YouTube TV or even Apple TV+ - even Apple TV+ doesn’t measure up to YTTV in my experience. I stream though either my laptop or Samsung phone (S21 with HDMI over USB-C) to my TV - simply works better than the Smart TV app in my case and avoids location issues since it relies on GPS location (Firefox has a GPS location  add-on that works for my laptop despite it not having actual GPS) not faulty/inaccurate IP based geolocation database services..

YTTV was so reliable during my free trial (on both TMO and Visible) that I dropped DISH once TMO offered that $10 discount per month for a year.

P.S. For Paramount+ shows that I’m interested in, I use PlayOn Cloud to record them in the cloud and then download them to watch at my leisure offline - I’ve still got a ton of Playon Cloud recording credits from my satellite internet days which covers the handful of Taylor Sheridan Paramount+ content I watch.

Badge

I found the solution for live streaming of paramount plus somewhere that works. At least on my Roku box. i just went to settings and display and changed the picture setting from 1020p to 720p. Now on the paramount plus app live streaming works fine with no sync issues and no screen freezing. That's all I did. No hard resets nothing else and it's fixed. Paramount doesn't yet seem to know this.