Question

Paramount Plus promotion fiasco

• 31 December 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Judging from some of the posts I’ve read here and else were it seems my experience has played out with several other upset T-mobile customers as well.  I subscribed to the Paramount Plus deal a couple of days ago only to be sent an email confirmation from Paramount with the following conflicting verbage:

“Your payment method will be billed $4.99 on a recurring basis when your trial expires on Jan 2, 2022. Charges will apply if you do not cancel before Jan 2, 2022 except if you have a discount that covers the entire cost of a subscription, then you must cancel before the expiration of that discount to avoid charges. Taxes applicable in certain states.

*Coupon: 100% off for 12 months has been applied. For your updated billing amount and trial ending date, please visit your account page.”

So, of course, at first glance it literally gives me less than a week to cancel or my credit card will be billed.  Not even the standard (non T-mobile) 30 day Paramount free trial.   Anyways, so the bottom of the email says a coupon for 12 months free has been applied and that my Paramount Plus account page will reflect that. 

Great awesome, right?!  I should be all set….Nope.  On my Paramount account page it still stated the same thing; that if I do not cancel before Jan 2, 2022 my credit card will be billed.   So, I did the only thing that makes sense in order to avoid having my credit card charged for this shady crap, canceled my subscription and tried to re-apply for the promotion after speaking with Paramount Plus support about my issue.  No such luck, they said to contact T-Mobile so they can give me a new coupon code.   That’s where I sit now - waiting for a proper answer from T-Mobile instead of vague voicemails stating my issue is resolved when it isn’t.  They have yet to provide me a new coupon code when I have read else where others were given one to re-apply.  I have been with T-mobile for over 15 years and this is the first time their customer service has really disappointed me and made me think twice of staying with them anymore.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

“Your payment method will be billed $4.99 on a recurring basis when your trial expires on Jan 2, 2022. Charges will apply if you do not cancel before Jan 2, 2022 except if you have a discount that covers the entire cost of a subscription, then you must cancel before the expiration of that discount to avoid charges. Taxes applicable in certain states.

*Coupon: 100% off for 12 months has been applied. For your updated billing amount and trial ending date, please visit your account page.”

You bungled it.  Good luck getting a new code.

If you had investigated before cancelling, you would have realized that a week trial period occurs first, then the coupon would have taken effect for 12 months.  Only after that 12 months, would your credit card be charged.

DOES THE FREE PARAMOUNT PLUS OFFER COVER PREMIUM?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

DOES THE FREE PARAMOUNT PLUS OFFER COVER PREMIUM?

No.

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/paramount-plus-deal

T-Mobile and Sprint postpaid customers can claim a year of Paramount+ Essential monthly plan ON US—just for being our customer. This offer is only available for the Essential monthly plan and cannot be applied to any other Paramount+ subscription plan.

Horrible promotion.  I now have a horrible experience with both T-Mobile and Paramount+

they would have been better off to never make the offer and set my expectations that I would actually get the service.

3 attempts, 

2 30 minute phone calls

Now I just want T-Mobile to give me a $50 credit and another $50 for all the time I have spent on the phone trying to make this work.

I was having issues with the TV not streaming and kept getting error codes.  I tried to find/get a code for our Samsung TV and when I added it to the Redeem Code, it wouldn’t take and said invalid.  I have totally cancelled my subscription and notified my bank to accept NO charges from Paramount TV!  Not worth the BS of going back and forth and through crap just to be told ‘you messed up’….when it truly is a mistake of them, not me.

Have the same problems as you been hours on phone back n forth with CS from both companies and been nothing but a runaround.  They can’t fix this they are not going to be able to fix future issues when you get different stories from TMO on how to get it to work.  Paramount CS guy told me 40% of his calls are this fiasco!

Planned on cancelling Spectrum over this thinking I’m going to cancel T-Mobile Home Internet Service!!!

Badge

Well, I did it on my first try with no issues.. 

I can’t get them to give me a code.  Got hung up on, had one person say they’d send, another say they’d send, had one person promise it would be there in 24 hours and they’d call back at 4 pm today (past that time now) to check that I got it….. As far as I can tell, they have to go to someplace and generate a code and for reasons that make ZERO sense this has to be done by some special department that takes hours to do it.  I am surprised to see that it worked for some, but there is no way to do this without some coupon or code -- AND THEY WON’T GIVE ME A CODE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can get the code from your MyTmobile account but if you currently have a plan you will need to cancel it and sign up. I think it's under perks.

I also had to sign up with a new email address.

Don’t have a ‘perks’ section on my account page, and I have had FIVE t-mobile reps tell me the code has to be generated and mailed and it takes 24 hours.  Not sure anyone is checking to see if all the people who promise to call me back actually do, but only ONE of the five reps I have spoken with actually did call me back as promised, but she didn’t have a code for me.    This is the page where the code is needed…. 

Judging from some of the posts I’ve read here and else were it seems my experience has played out with several other upset T-mobile customers as well.  I subscribed to the Paramount Plus deal a couple of days ago only to be sent an email confirmation from Paramount with the following conflicting verbage:

So, of course, at first glance it literally gives me less than a week to cancel or my credit card will be billed.  Not even the standard (non T-mobile) 30 day Paramount free trial.   Anyways, so the bottom of the email says a coupon for 12 months free has been applied and that my Paramount Plus account page will reflect that. 

Great awesome, right?!  I should be all set….Nope.  On my Paramount account page it still stated the same thing; that if I do not cancel before Jan 2, 2022 my credit card will be billed.   So, I did the only thing that makes sense in order to avoid having my credit card charged for this shady crap, canceled my subscription and tried to re-apply for the promotion after speaking with Paramount Plus support about my issue.  No such luck, they said to contact T-Mobile so they can give me a new coupon code.   That’s where I sit now - waiting for a proper answer from T-Mobile instead of vague voicemails stating my issue is resolved when it isn’t.  They have yet to provide me a new coupon code when I have read else where others were given one to re-apply.  I have been with T-mobile for over 15 years and this is the first time their customer service has really disappointed me and made me think twice of staying with them anymore.

I had a very similar experience.  I eventually got the T-Mobile representative to activate the promotion for me - AND IT STILL FAILED after one month.  Now they say the promotion is no longer offered eventhough it certainly was at the time I signed up.   What a sham.