Solved

people are getting calls from my number that I didn't make.

What can I do to stop it?

How can I find out who is doing it?

How can  find out who was "spam" called on my behalf?

icon

Best answer by syaoran 13 July 2019, 05:27

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Caller ID spoofing is a massive issue that probably will not be resolved in the near future.  Most of these spoofing number calls come from international locations and more so, overseas. 

1. You can't.
2. You can't.
3. You can't.

Unfortunately,  caller ID was not designed with security in mind and is easily spoofed. It will take a redesign of the caller ID system to fix the problem.

Userlevel 1

Hi...

This is very alarming, Thank you for updating us, t-mobile protect it's Interest including all of it's customer(s), We can help you resolve this matter w/ your cooperation. Please check the Instruction and links Below.

Scam ID & Scam Block

- Easily identify and block calls from likely scammers with Scam ID and Scam Block.

- Scam ID and Scam Block are free of charge with your T-Mobile postpaid plan. You can turn them on or off at any time.

Scam ID & Scam Block

Content Blocking

- Content Blocking is a free service available to all T-Mobile customers that lets you can block all chargeable content. Keep in mind that free content isn't blocked, and Content Blocking doesn't work when roaming internationally.

Content Blocking 

Other Options:

Call and Message Blocking | Block Specific Calls & Messages

Anonymous Callers | Blocking Anonymous Callers

Hoper this would suffice If still it insist then contact your team of expert 611. last resolution might be is to change our mobile number, But we're hoping we dont get on that part.

Thank you

It turned out that in this case, the spoofing happened using my vonage line

not my mobile line.

I changed my vonage password and reloaded the app.

Not sure whether they got to my phone list or had some other way of knowing

the the people called were associated with me.

Phil

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The wording of your post makes it sound like you work for T-M9bile but you do not have the Employee Signature.  Are you a T-Mobile employee? 

Knowing exactly how to spoof a number, I can tell you that there is nothing T-Mobile can do with the current implementation to 100% stop Caller ID spoofing.  As mentiined by another member, it is the current implementation of Caller ID and how it works that is flawed.

In many cases, they just don't want their calls to be reported to the "Don't Call" police. They grab numbers at random. In some cases they could be more targeted, exploiting some security flaw to get your address book and call your friends, pretending to be you. Just like spamers like to get your e-mail address book to pretend to send e-mail's from you. (e.g. "Help, I was robbed in Timbuktu and....") In any case, there's nothing you can do to prevent someone from spoofing your caller ID. The system's just too insecure. @terracotta333's advice helps prevent you receiving scam calls on your T-Mobile phone but does nothing to prevent someone from spoofing your caller ID.

Userlevel 1

Hi...

Yes @syaoran  you're right i am with in & I am handling a specific community.

I’ve had several calls lately where people say I called but I didn’t. What can I do stop these ‘spoofing’ calls?

I just started experiencing that once yesterday and three times today so far.  This is ridiculous. I filled an FCC complaint but that doesn't really do anything.  Anyone else have any luck resolving this issue? Suggestions are welcomed.  Thank you in advance!

Luis

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

….. Suggestions are welcomed.  …..

Write to your Congresscritter?