Solved

Phone not eligible for transfer??

• 13 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

I am switching from AT&T to T-Mobile. I have been trying to port my number for about a week. Every time it fails and says to enter my pin again from my previous carrier (which I have my reset to ensure it’s accurate). I have called and been in store and no solution. However when I check my phone number eligibility to transfer to to mobile on line it tells me it can not be transferred? Why is this?

My previous line is still active and it’s in the same area with the same address/area code.

icon

Best answer by Rachdill 13 December 2020, 20:51

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

There are some lines/numbers that can’t be ported according to the FCC.

https://talkroute.com/was-your-number-port-rejected-here-are-8-reasons-why/

Badge

There are some lines/numbers that can’t be ported according to the FCC.

https://talkroute.com/was-your-number-port-rejected-here-are-8-reasons-why/

I went through that already. My number is eligible to switch to Verizon and Sprint (which is now owned by T-Mobile) according to the only eligibility checks. I’m not moving to a new location, my address and all is the same and I’m only person on both accounts, all my account numbers and pins match up, I don’t have a owed balance to my previous carrier, and my number is not locked. I’m just stuck with no answers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile might not have an E911 center that services your number and area.  You could always port your number out to Google Voice and take another number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Transferring to Google Voice costs $20 but that’s what I was going to suggest.

Once you set up the new account you link the google voice number.

When I moved to AZ I opened a gv number and kept my IL number.

Badge

I am switching from AT&T to T-Mobile. I have been trying to port my number for about a week. Every time it fails and says to enter my pin again from my previous carrier (which I have my reset to ensure it’s accurate). I have called and been in store and no solution. However when I check my phone number eligibility to transfer to to mobile on line it tells me it can not be transferred? Why is this?

My previous line is still active and it’s in the same area with the same address/area code.

I solved my issue. I called T-mobile again and they had transferred the call on 3 way to AT&T. We reset the pin again, and updated the address and email and resubmitted. It went through that time.

Not sure what the exact issue found was but the only difference they found on information was AT&T was going by the address on file where I FIRST set my the AT&T prepaid phone up (which I thought was my address) but I guess they inserted an AT&T corporate store address instead? Idk but my issue was fixed.

Phone network is locked oneplus 7 pro