Question

Port T mobile to T mobile cell phone line

• 23 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I just switched to T mobile and am getting 3 lines and wanted to get the phone from my sons mother who is a T mobile client to put on my new line but T mobile said that number can't be ported form T mobile to T mobile even if she cancels that line. They said we would have to add a 4th line and pay 35 dollars for that line. Does anyone know a solution for this or the rules for this? thanks for you help and time 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

try contacting TMO through one of their social media platforms instead. i have a feeling you’ll get a different answer than the call in agents.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to do a transfer of ownership.

Transfer Of Ownership

Badge

Fireguy do I use Facebook or something like that with Tmobile? 

Gramps that's what they wanted us to do but I couldn't use my 3rd line for the t mobile number. I would have to get a new line and pay 35 dollars a month . I don't get it . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is your 3rd line a free line?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

A work around is to port the number to google voice for a one time charge then attach the google voice number to the 3rd line. Basically the phone will have 2 numbers.

I have an Illinois number and when I moved to AZ I opened a google voice for here for job search purpose. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Fireguy do I use Facebook or something like that with Tmobile? 

Gramps that's what they wanted us to do but I couldn't use my 3rd line for the t mobile number. I would have to get a new line and pay 35 dollars a month . I don't get it . 

the times i have used it i used Facebook. bottom of this page you’ll see “Follow T-Mobile” with their social media options. click on for example FB and then send them a message. they’ll request you click a link and put in your account sign in info so they can ensure that its actually you then on from there to getting assistance.