Question

Ported my number to join my roommates plan; he wont allow me to have access to my line!

• 6 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I did not think someone could take over my line by just adding me to their plan? I went into a corporate store and found out that I had to wait 60 days to put in for a transfer of liability but my problem is this…I noticed someone accessed my phone number/line and would notice that in the call logs/text logs at times where I would be asleep or not on my phone texting those numbers. When I mentioned that to my roommate, he gave waited 3 days to add me as an authorized user, then, barred me completely the same night and I do not think that is legal. I am finding an out what my options are; and will file this with the appropriate government/telecommunications agency—but if this sort of thing happens, and I lose access to my accounts and finances, school email and other personal and private logins tired to that phone number…what can I do? I’m sure this sounds very random, or dramatic for no reason — but I have reason to believe this may not have been my been in my best interest so I could be susceptible to my roommates on what I can do? PS— A few days after getting the line, I noticed an login saying I could use DIGITS, and it was activated. I mentioned that and he said he had not idea. 😒 

Let’s hope this isn’t anything more than my precautions. 

-ChicagoJB

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

When you agreed to be added to his plan you basically gave him ownership of the line because he's now the responsible party to pay for the line.

If you want to port the number out you will need his permission.