Question

prepaid account suspension

• 25 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

I’m on the 20$ prepaid plan. I’m outside US and unable to contact T-Mobile. What’s the grace period a prepaid account can remain out of balance from the last service day ie 30 days? I’m not very clear of the below statement from T-Mobile.

“If balance is insufficient to renew all lines on your account for 120 days, all lines will be suspended for 30 days. If you have an account balance, all lines will convert to Pay As You Go for 30-day increments with $3/mo”

Is it stating that an account can remain out of balance for 120 days after which the account is suspended and number reallocated?

I can make a one time payment as guest but how long after the 30 day service window can I make the payment?

Let me know if there any question. Any help regarding this is appreciated. 

Regards.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Maximum 60 days before the account is cancelled and the number put into the pool to be reassigned.  Adding funds can take a few days as well for the transaction to fully process, so I recommend you do not let it get close to that 60 day mark before adding a refill to activate your plan.  Otherwise, you could lose your number and will need a new SIM card to activate a new prepaid service with T-Mobile.