Question

Prepaid plan - unable to call while able to use text and data

• 17 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have pre-paid plan with 100 talk minutes for my iPhone 5 SE that does not allow me to make any phone calls while I can use it for text and data.

I keep getting the message “your T-Mobile prepaid balance is too low to complete this call, you must renew your plan or refill your account to complete this call”. I have auto-pay setup and account was paid on time.

• How do I check how many minutes of talk time I have remaining
    • #BAL# does tell me
    • checked on pre-paid my-tmobile and there is no record shown when filter for talk

I checked with the local t-mobile store and they replaced the sim card .. did not help. 

Is there any suggestion on what could be wrong? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Being such an old device.  Does the iPhone 5SE support T-Mobile’s VoLTE?  Did you purchase the device from T-Mobile?  

Badge

Sorry, my mistake. It is the latest iPhone SE bought directly from Apple. Yes it does support VoLTE and I have it setup for “Voice & Data”.

I have pre-paid plan with 100 talk minutes for my iPhone 5 SE that does not allow me to make any phone calls while I can use it for text and data.

I keep getting the message “your T-Mobile prepaid balance is too low to complete this call, you must renew your plan or refill your account to complete this call”. I have auto-pay setup and account was paid on time.

• How do I check how many minutes of talk time I have remaining
    • #BAL# does tell me
    • checked on pre-paid my-tmobile and there is no record shown when filter for talk

I checked with the local t-mobile store and they replaced the sim card .. did not help. 

Is there any suggestion on what could be wrong? 

I have the exact same problem. Were you able to resolve it?