Prepaid plans do not save call history? Must have.

• 11 February 2017
  • 5 replies

It is more a suggestion then a question since the answer is they do not. I need to dispute a charge that I canceled and my credit card company asked for proof that I attempted to contact the merchant so I thought it would be easy to go ahead and download the call history from my T-Mobile account. That was wishful thinking and I was out of several thousand dollars on my credit card. Why prepaid plans are left out on this feature is a little absurd since the government definitely requires each wireless operator to save past call records.

5 replies

I find it INCREDIBLE that there's no call log for prepaid accounts.  That's just ridiculous, and frankly, plain stuid.....now considering changing carrier.....

Your phone may keep a history, though.

I second this! Absurd!

It seems like there is good and bad with all prepaid phone plans regardless who you carrier is.  At&t prepaid gives you the option to go back through you call history up to 60 days BUT At&t does not give prepaid customers the option to use wifi calling.  I will never understand why individuals with prepaid plans are treated different then the customers with post paid accounts.  At the end of the month these companies are getting their money just the same regardless the plan.  One of these days a company is going to come along and offer the same benefits regardless whether you have prepaid or postpaid.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Then you will have no cost savings and be paying the same price.

magenta1644282 wrote:

One of these days a company is going to come along and offer the same benefits regardless whether you have prepaid or postpaid.