Question

Prepaid Question: Are incoming text messages stored on network until balance is refilled?

• 25 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

I forgot to refill my balance for two weeks. Will I receive text messages sent to me during that time, or are they deleted from the network? Does anyone know if the senders would get an error message if not delivered? 

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

The text messages were deliverable during that period so they should have received the dread ball with an exclamation point (!) I do NOT believe you will receive back texts that were sent during your down period.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

There would not be any error message for the sender if their message was not delivered.  If it is an RCS compatible message, it just probably won’t say it was delivered.  Messages not delivered after a certain period of time are discarded.  It has been a long time since I have inquired about this, but back in the Sidekick days, I was told 48 hours.  A lot has changed since then and those messages also used to go through the Microsoft Danger servers, so maybe that was more something on their end.