Solved

Price increase after merger

• 17 May 2020
  • 9 replies

After stating publicly that there would not be a price increase after the merger with sprint there is a price increase, not a good business practice. I joined T-mobile 6 years ago to get away from Sprint's crappy service and constant lies and looks like they followed me here is this the new normal for T-mobile now the 5g coverage is not any better than the 4g Lte when you get outside the metro areas you get a bad signal or no signal at all and their excuse for the increase is phones cost more. Right now with the current situation money is tight for everyone and a price increase doesn't help, you could have waited awhile to do this instead of lying to your customers about no increase for two years then immediately raise something. Sorry for getting on my soapbox but I feel like everyone is taking advantage of people during this crisis whether it's groceries, toilet paper etc, the only thing that has gone down is the price of gas.

icon

Best answer by tmo_ian 1 June 2020, 16:38

The Protection<360> price was planned and communicated back in February, well before the merger. Check out the Tmonews article about it.

View original

9 replies

Sorry T-mobile stated April 1st they would not raise prices for at least three years instead of two don't want to be CNN and get the facts wrong

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Were their any changes to your rate plan or services? If you compare your previous bill to your most recent bill, where do you see the increase?

yes to my equipment protection an increase of right at ten dollars from previous bills

Aren't these insurance plans sold/issued by 3rd parties?   I don't think TM is licensed as an insurance carrier. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Have you changed devices recently? What was the exact cost on the bill before and after the change? If you can tell me which insurance feature it's called that you're paying for, that'll be helpful too.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

The Protection<360> price was planned and communicated back in February, well before the merger. Check out the Tmonews article about it.

Badge

The cost of my family “plan,” and the costs of “services” both went up this month by around $240/year.  No explanation was given for this significant increase in cost.  Please tell me why this does not clearly break the promise to not raise bills after the merger.

Badge +1

The cost of my family “plan,” and the costs of “services” both went up this month by around $240/year.  No explanation was given for this significant increase in cost.  Please tell me why this does not clearly break the promise to not raise bills after the merger.

Insurance isn’t service, and T-Mobile does not dictate the plan prices or device tiers, Assurant does. That’s like blaming Ford for gas prices going up after you bought the car.

Badge

No, insurance isn’t service, and that is why I wrote “service” and not “insurance.  I own all the phones in our family plan; there is no insurance from Assurant.  The cost of the plan went up $15.17/month; the cost of “service” went up $6/month with no change in service (data) = $254.04 increase over the year.  These are both T-Mobile’s increases.  It’s like blaming Ford for a Ford price increase,  My question remains unanswered.