Question

Received email that my plan was cancelled? I didn't cancel anything.

• 2 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

I received an email last night from “No-reply@tmobile.com” stating that I had cancelled my plan (I have the old $30 Walmart plan) and closed my online account. I did neither, and I have not logged onto the Tmobile site since I paid my bill last month. I called customer service, and they said my online account was fine, but it’s not. Instead of my name, it just say “Prepaid”, and while it will lets me make payment, it won’t let me do anything else to the account, like change the password, which I wanted to do in case someone else had accessed my account. Any ideas what I should do?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

My guess is since that plan no longer exist that Tmobile migrated you to a different plan.

You can reach out to Tmobile support using messenger on one of their social media platforms.

Badge

I was under the impression that my plan was “grandfathered” in. If they took it away from me I will be so mad. They have already unilaterally changed it by putting a limit on my supposedly unlimited internet. They seem to be a very deceptive company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I thought the Walmart plan was 100 minutes of talk and 5GB’s of data.

Badge

I have had it for a few years (since 2014 I think), and it was sold to me as unlimited text and data with 100 minutes of talk. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

That was a plan that Walmart sold and had a 5GB’s of high speed data but was throttled to a lower speed.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8q894v/heres-how-to-get-t-mobiles-hidden-30-smartphone-plan

Badge

If it’s a Walmart plan, wouldn’t/shouldn’t your complaint be w. Walmart - since they were the creator/seller?  It wasn’t a TM product.