Solved

Refer a friend

• 5 July 2017
  • 4 replies

I referred a friend to t-mobile.  I did not know the procedure.  She switched today from Sprint to T-mobile.  I have been telling her to change over for a few months.  She finally went today.  She was told at the store that I would need to get on the computer and make the referral.  When I tried to add her I got a message that that number was already taken.  Is there anything I can do to receive the credit?  I have been with you for  close to 15 years,

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 8 July 2017, 18:48

Good morning, @magenta2091359.

I want to start of by recognizing how long you have been with us. 15 years is a lot and not many people stick with a wireless company that long these days, so thank you! To address your issue, sadly, @snn_555​ is correct. You have to initiate the referral at least 24 hours prior to them switching over. You can take a look at our referral program here. I'm sorry that you weren't given the proper information soon enough.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I have referred several people and either they forget to mention me to the salesperson or dont tell me until it's too late. Once they have signed up though, it's too late.

Userlevel 5

Good morning, @magenta2091359.

I want to start of by recognizing how long you have been with us. 15 years is a lot and not many people stick with a wireless company that long these days, so thank you! To address your issue, sadly, @snn_555​ is correct. You have to initiate the referral at least 24 hours prior to them switching over. You can take a look at our referral program here. I'm sorry that you weren't given the proper information soon enough.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Badge

In early March 2021 i referred three friends to T-Mobile.  Two decided to switch and one has been with T-moblie for over 45 days while the other for over a month .  I know this because I assisted both in setting up their new phones etc.  When I check the refer a friend web page it still has both referrals as pending.  Not sure why this is taking so long but it’s not the first time it happened to me.

looking for any insight on this

Badge

well it’s been well over 45 days since my referrals have switched to T-mobile.   The status on my refer a friend has not changed from pending to successful

The last time i went through this with T-Mobile I spent over 2 hours on the phone trying to get it resolved which they could not do so they credited my account.  This was late last year.  T-mobile said it was a web site error.

So I tried again with the new web site and still have not seen any movement on my referrals

I am slowly becoming dis-enchanted with this service.

I would love a response from someone at T-Mobile.

Please…..