Solved

Remove line from family plan

Userlevel 1

How do I remove a line from my family plan?  They are going on their own.

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 8 March 2018, 00:54

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 1

This used to be so easy! Things have become so complicated!  Ridiculous!

Userlevel 3

Hey, @magenta2724053​!

I'm sorry we didn't see your post sooner. Is the other person wanting to keep their phone number? If so, you don't want to cancel it just yet or they won't be able to take their phone number with them. Once their number is moved or ported out, the line will automatically be canceled on your account. If you'd just like to go ahead and cancel it, you'll want to contact us.

Userlevel 3

Happy Friday, @magenta2724053​!

It's me again! I'm just stopping by to see if you were able to remove the line from your family plan or if you still have questions after my reply from a few days ago. Please let us know if we can help out with anything else. 😊

I

Hello Amanda,

I have similar situation of cancelling one of the line from family plan. My plan is simple choice. 4 lines. If i cancel one of the line from it. How will my bill change? Family member wants to port their number to different carrier. I want to have new number on that line for me. How should i Proceed?

Thanks

I have 2 pairs of apple watches that me and my sister don’t use at all (waste of money) is there a way i can cancel the lines for both the Apple watch and maybe return them there are still good condition im still paying on them i just don’t want to them anymore lol (fyi i have my own account) 

I meant I don’t want them sorry

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you’re past the remorse period you won’t be able to return the watches and your best bet is to call and find out if you can cancel the lines for the watches.

Once i cancel the line to the watches what do you think i should do with the watches?? @gramps28 

Once I remove a line from my account what happens with the number is it gone ? I hope so!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The numbers go into a pool for 90 days then will get reissued.

I am under someone’s plan. They added a line for me back in October. I am going to another carrier. Would it be a cost for them to drop my line from their account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I am under someone’s plan. They added a line for me back in October. I am going to another carrier. Would it be a cost for them to drop my line from their account?

it shouldnt but it might also depend on which plan they are on..especially if there is a limit on how few lines it can have to be considered a family plan etc..the account holder would also have to give permission for your number to be removed or allowed to be ported elsewhere..

Back to OP question, can you remove an unwanted line / device *without* having to contact customer service? Removing lines will not impact my plan and the devices are fully paid. I do not care about the old numbers and do not want to go through the hassle of calling.

Why did it take me under a minute to add my Apple Watch to my plan but after 40 minutes of trying to remove the line I still have the line and bettors to contact customer service?

Hi,
I am a member of a magenta plan. I recently ordered a phone through this plan.
I was wondering can the head of the plan cancel my order without my consent?

I am under the Magenta business plan and my two sons want to take their phones out of my plan, but keep their numbers, independently for themselves, under new plans. How can I separate their numbers from my plan, but have my sons be able to keep their numbers under new plans?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to do a change of responsibility and one of your sons will need to be the primary account holder.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/account/transfer-account-or-line-ownership

No way to remove a line, ever.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

No way to remove a line, ever.

and yet the link explaining how to do this is right in front of your post..as in yes..there is a way to remove a line..