Question

Repairs in store

• 23 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

I filed a claim with TMobile/Sprint to get the back of my phone repaired. That was the easy part & the person on chat was very helpful and easy to work with. I was told where to go have this done near me and got a confirmation email on the address for TMobile/Asurion.  I went there on my day off and walked in and was told “We don’t have techs here anymore. For repairs you have to go to an Apple store.” (This was in Apple Valley, MN on 10/21/21). My question is: Why was I given an address to bring my repair in to a place that actually doesn’t do repairs? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Starting November 1st some tmobile stores are going to do equipment repairs.

I have an apple iphone that needs to be repaired.

Do I go to Tmobile store or apple?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

depends on if you have insurance on it and if so who the insurance is through..TMO or Apple?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I filed a claim with TMobile/Sprint to get the back of my phone repaired. That was the easy part & the person on chat was very helpful and easy to work with. I was told where to go have this done near me and got a confirmation email on the address for TMobile/Asurion.  I went there on my day off and walked in and was told “We don’t have techs here anymore. For repairs you have to go to an Apple store.” (This was in Apple Valley, MN on 10/21/21). My question is: Why was I given an address to bring my repair in to a place that actually doesn’t do repairs? 

The person you chatted with may not have been aware that this location no longer had techs onsite.