Solved

Reporting Spam Phone Calls

• 7 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Does T-Mobile collect known spam phone numbers?  We've got all of the scam block / protections activated but some calls still get through.  We routinely never answer calls from numbers not in our contact list, but sometimes we get several calls from the same number or very similar numbers.  Using resources such as usphonebook.com, whitepages.com, nomorobo.com we can deduce when a number is very likely a spammer or scammer trying to get us to just pick up.

My question is this: does T-Mobile accept input of folks reporting these numbers?  Collecting such information could be used to develop more effective blocking.

If yes, how do I go about reporting these numbers?

thanks,  - Bill

icon

Best answer by drnewcomb 8 March 2022, 14:43

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

They do collect them if you get them I believe you can report them.  I don’t remember the short code for it. It’s been a quick few months since I was last on.  Someone else may chime in or my brain remembers with it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Use the Scam Block App to report SPAM calls. The phone numbers themselves are not that important as the caller IDs are normally faked. It’s the underlying call data that you can’t see that T-Mobile uses.

Also, use the same App to report calls that are blocked in error.

Badge +1

Thanks, so far.  Yes, I already have Scam Block turned on.  I'll see if I can report them in the app.  The short code is listed in the support pages but I don't see how one would use it post-facto.  Seems like the short code needs to be used right when the call is received.

I'm trying to report three phone numbers over several days last week.

Badge +1

Okay -- got it figured out on the app. Seems like I can report all calls back to thirty days.  Great!  Tonight I'll report them on my wife's phone, too.

Received 5+ spam calls from 512-665-1472 supposed name: MYSTASTIE telecom provider: T-Mobil —- so TAKE Action T-Mobil as ALL reported to FTC FBI FCC to include in fraud spam theft phishing lawsuit!!!!

Badge

Hey, folks, thanks for the help!  both cells now working with activated scam block and we will continue to flag all telemarketing spam calls.

One last question: how do I report spam calls on our T-Mobile home phone line?  There's no mobile smartphone device connected to that number.  Just a converter box to which our Plain Old Telephone plugs in.

Is there a way to flag and report calls received on that line via the web site or something?

try the FCC do not call list; sometimes data gets out and spam block is nice but it blocked my mother lol.  On apps if I hit delete contact it will trick me and check the box report as spam upon deletion and it was unintentional. 

the scam block app is a joke. Shows that it blocked over 127 scam #s but yet everyday I still get at least 3 or more numbers coming through that should have been blocked. Turned off scam block app and I literally have not received any spam calls. Got 1 spam text message so far in the 8 days that I currently have it turned off.  I seriously think that it's a scam within a scam to sell ur # to third party apps so u get hit with all kinds of spam calls and texts. 

Badge +1

Hey, folks, thanks for the help!  both cells now working with activated scam block and we will continue to flag all telemarketing spam calls.

One last question: how do I report spam calls on our T-Mobile home phone line?  There's no mobile smartphone device connected to that number.  Just a converter box to which our Plain Old Telephone plugs in.

Is there a way to flag and report calls received on that line via the web site or something?

Does T-Mobile collect known spam phone numbers?  We've got all of the scam block / protections activated but some calls still get through.  We routinely never answer calls from numbers not in our contact list, but sometimes we get several calls from the same number or very similar numbers.  Using resources such as usphonebook.com, whitepages.com, nomorobo.com we can deduce when a number is very likely a spammer or scammer trying to get us to just pick up.

My question is this: does T-Mobile accept input of folks reporting these numbers?  Collecting such information could be used to develop more effective blocking.

If yes, how do I go about reporting these numbers?

thanks,  - Bill

How do I block/report unknown spam callers. I have spam block on but given no options?