Question

S9 Pictures taking too long to load on text message screen

• 31 March 2020
  • 9 replies

After the last T-mobile software upgrade my Galaxy S9 that i never had issues with.... When im on the text message screen and open to send a picture, the pictures are sometimes blank (until somehow in the background it uploads it to the text message screen). When i try to add picture to text message screen it takes forever to add it. If i get out of it (while its loading the picture to the text message) i have to unselect the picture and reselect it so that it adds it to the text message. Again never was issue until the last T-mobile software upgrade.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Wow, that's odd but we want this working better for you. Can make sure your software is up to date using our Software updates: Samsung Galaxy S9 | T-Mobile Support  page? Also, you'll want to check your memory and the image quality. The higher quality and memory being used on the phone may be causing the image loading slowness.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey, just checking to see if you've seen my previous post. Please give a replay and let us know if you still need help.

Recently switchedfromVerizon to T mobile, had the same issue.  Takes 5 minutes to upload pix to text! Tried reducing the quality of pix didn’t help.  Called Samsung and couldn’t help me.  I’m using message + for texting.. HELP!!! very frustrating.

I’m having the same issue. I’ve checked to make sure it’s up to date and I’ve waiting over 5 mins for a picture to load to a text message so I can send it. SUPER frustrating to constantly be worrying if your own phone company is trying to screw you by slowing down your phone so you have to buy a new one from them. I hope this isn’t the case but It never fails that as soon as my phone is close to being paid off is “mysteriously” starts slowing down or having issues.

Happens to me too and my phone is up to date. I get all these black boxes and if I do select a photo of takes FOREVER to attach to a text message. This doesn't happen in any other app except text. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

are all your pics stored on a SD card or internal memory?

also since it only happens on that texting app...have you tried a different texting app? and which app is it that you are using?

Same issue, and it's driving me NUTS. I'm not using any special programs, all settings are default, and the phone is updated. 

I'll be honest, every time I see that an update is needed, my first question is, "great what are they going to break this time?" 

I'm having the same issue. I think it's an issue with tmobile network.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I'm having the same issue. I think it's an issue with tmobile network.

like the other posters above is it only happening in the texting app itself and nothing else is sluggish or running any differently?