SCAMMED BY ASSURANCE INSURANCE

• 29 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I recently bought my first IPhone (the 13 pro max) six weeks ago. Unfortunately, I lost the phone a week ago. I put in a claim for a replacement phone. Assurance sent me a refurbished phone. When I called to ask why, I was told it was up to them to decide what to send me!!! I cannot walk into a store and purchase a refurbished IPhone 13 max, but they can? I feel like I am being robbed. Now I am still paying for the new phone since I was paying monthly, but am only allowed to get a sub-par phone.

************************************************************************************IF YOU PURCHASE AN IPHONE, DO NOT PURCHASE THE INSURANCE THROUGH ASSURANCE. YOU WILL NEVER BE SENT A NEW PHONE. IF YOU GO DIRECTLY TO APPLE AND GET THE APPLE CARE PLAN, YOU WILL BE SENT A NEW PHONE SHOULD YOU EVER LOSE IT OR IS STOLEN. DON’T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE. ***********************************************************************************

4 replies

I’m trying to make anew claim

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you always get a refurbished device as a insurance replacement. Apple does their own thing.

I sent in my broke phone was told it was received by Assurance in their warehouse, was wondering why am I still being charged for the old phone, after they got it in April. Just talked to Assurance on chat and now being told the package was slit open and nothing inside to file a claim with USPS, when Tmobile keeps saying they are going to suspend my service if I don't pay the balance, after I had Assurance and Tmobile on phone together and was  told to us both they received it. Now what do I do??

I am being scammed by Assurance insurance! 

I put a claim and received a downgraded device by they're mistake which they admitted to. They said the would send me a shipping label to exchange it. Well I've been talking with them every day for 5 days including supervisors and managers and they keep telling me I will receive the email in 30 minutes and no email comes. They keep lying to me every day and no excuse everytime. I didn't even get an original shipping label in the box to return my broken device. They are scamming me into charges and fees! I gave them 4 different emails and they keeping lying that they're goin to send it. I don't know what to do. Help.