Solved

Service Access Denied for short numbers and unable reset passwords through authentication notification

• 23 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’m using a Galaxy S9+ and I am unable to text a short number, says Service Access Denied no matter what short number I use. Also when I need to receive a code to verify my identity with other companies, the code never shows up. Only the microsoft authenticator will work and that’s because I had to download the Microsoft Authenticator app to do so. My Premium text and messaging service is set to “always on” and always has been.  Now I’ve decided to find out why. Is there something on T-mobiles end that needs to be done? I asked a representative and she said it has to be done in settings. What other setting can there be besides the premium service setting I already mentioned? 

icon

Best answer by syaoran 23 January 2021, 12:12

You need to contact Customer Care and have them enable short codes on your account.  If your account is a prepaid account, some of those short codes to verify who you are might not work because there is no Social attached to prepaid accounts.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You need to contact Customer Care and have them enable short codes on your account.  If your account is a prepaid account, some of those short codes to verify who you are might not work because there is no Social attached to prepaid accounts.

Badge

It’s funny (not really) how the rep I spoke to said to go to my settings and look in Premium service (text) and switch it to (on or allow) I forget which one it was but no matter. I didn’t do this while on the phone with her but immediately after. I checked and found the setting she mentioned was already set to “always on or allow” whatever which goes to show you how often the right hand never tells the left hand what’s going on. As popular of an issue this is you would think they would check your account first for what blocks are in place and\or what tier level service you have before giving any assistance. Otherwise a call back is generated with an unhappy customer due to an issue that could have been handled the first time. Oh well I’ve spent more time writing this than on hold with a rep to fix it.

Thank you so much Syaoran you are amazing!