Solved

Service access denied texting error

• 21 November 2018
  • 15 replies

Hey everyone -

So Google is trying to verify my account, but when they send me a text, I see an auto response with "Service access denied". The text is from the number 244444. I don't have content blocking as far as I can tell.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks!

Josh

icon

Best answer by magentatechie 21 November 2018, 15:37

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

You could have a short code block on your voice line.  Sadly, this is not something that you can adjust yourself, you will have to reach out to care to have them check.  You will also want to check your device to make sure you have premium messaging enabled.  On my phone, it's under Settings>Apps and Notifications>Special Access>Premium SMS Access.  This will show a listing of apps that have requested Premium SMS Access- Tap on the app and choose Always Allow.

Userlevel 4

Hey @jgellock

Did you get a chance to speak with our over the phone folks about this potential block? Are you on a postpaid or prepaid account?

tmo_chris wrote:

Hey @jgellock

Did you get a chance to speak with our over the phone folks about this potential block? Are you on a postpaid or prepaid account?

Hi, Chris!

I just got off the phone with them. Apparently, there was a block. It's been removed. Now I have to sit tight and wait for Google to retry.

Userlevel 4

Those pesky blocks! Glad it was something simple though 😊 Please do let us know how the next one goes.

Hi staffs

I have same problem.

Please instruct me how to solve it.

I'm using Galaxy Note 9

Userlevel 4

Hey @magenta8399118 

Looks like the OP had some short code blocking on their account. Have you had a chance to call us to see if it is the same for your account?

Hi ChrisIs there any case number before I call 611 ?

Thank you

Have a Great Day !

Kevin

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 9:37 AM, tmo_chris<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:

#yiv2764994506 * #yiv2764994506 a #yiv2764994506 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv2764994506 #yiv2764994506 h1, #yiv2764994506 h2, #yiv2764994506 h3, #yiv2764994506 h4, #yiv2764994506 h5, #yiv2764994506 h6, #yiv2764994506 p, #yiv2764994506 hr {}#yiv2764994506 .yiv2764994506button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

Service access denied texting error

reply from tmo_chris in Account & services - View the full discussion

Hey magenta8399118 

Looks like the OP had some short code blocking on their account. Have you had a chance to call us to see if it is the same for your account?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Account & services by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following Service access denied texting error in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Userlevel 4

@magenta8399118 - Nope! No case number at all 😊 Just give us a call and we can check it out for you. It could be a very easy fix for ya.

Hi Staff I'm having the same problem with my S10+ and S10 I tried using the settings suggestion and I've called in using a rep from the tmobile store they were to

ld there were no blocks on my phone so could someone in the community help me.

Userlevel 4

Hey @curryclan 

Out of curiosity, what kind of plan are you on? Do you have a postpaid or prepaid account with us?

I believe I am having the same problem. I also believe the led to the deletion of my Instagram account as they were unable to verify my identity. I am currently on hold for some time now but about to give up for today...

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I believe I am having the same problem. I also believe the led to the deletion of my Instagram account as they were unable to verify my identity. I am currently on hold for some time now but about to give up for today...

the verification they send you is sent via short code correct? and you have short code enabled on your account?

It has never been an issue until recently. I know nothing about short code until funding this thread. I tried calling yesterday to correct. It's a bit disturbing losing all my content.

Can someone advise me what to do? I’ve talked to 2 different representatives about this same issue and neither one has a clue what to do or how to help. They said they’ve never heard of this issue and are confused. I told them about this help article and they said everything on here is automated and they have no training on it to assist. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

contact TMO via either Facebook or Twitter..this starts you with tier 2 support instead of the call in their 1 support agents.