Question

service line

• 13 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 2 replies

I have a new service line added to my account as part of a promotion. One of my lines in my account wants to cancel their line. How long do I have to wait to cancel a line so I don’t lose my promotion? Again I am not trying to cancel the new line that was added as part of the promotion. 

what are my options? 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

First, read the fine print of your promotion! Nothing substitutes for seeing it in writing on YOUR paperwork..Then, call Tmobile (or message on Facebook or Twitter) and ask for instructions as to how to accomplish the cancellation (provided it is allowed) and follow those instructions explicitly. :wink:

Badge

I’ve read the small print. It says you should not cancel that line within 24 bill credits otherwise you might have to pay the device in full. It doesn’t talk about ANY so whoever I spoke to from T-Mobile is not well informed. Here’s the screenshot. Thank you for the help! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

It does say “If you have cancelled lines in the past 90 days, you may need to reactivate them first” though… Kinda sounds like you won’t be allowed to cancel any line.

Badge

Yeah. Although it doesn’t say it there, T-Mobile rep said if you transfer a line to another account or carrier it doesn’t affect you. However, to cancel any of the other lines you have to wait 90 days.