Question

Share contacts with TMobile

• 20 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

A few days ago my Motorola One 5G ace uploaded Android 11. Now every time when I turn it on I get this really annoying notification : Share contacts with TMobile? It offers 2 choices : Yes, or Not now. I already turned off all notifications for TMobile and yet I keep getting this notification.  That is an invasion of my privacy and it really bothers me that TMobile has no respect for one’s privacy. It is of no business for TMobile asking me to share my contacts.   

5 replies

More people should be angry at this. We are paying for them to squeeze every last bit of data from our lives and if you don't like it, well now you've got to deal with the obnoxious prompt. It's borderline harassment and should be illegal. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Is it that hard to just press, no?  What if it’s just for backup purposes?  Personally, none of my T-Mobile devices have ever prompted me to share my contacts with T-Mobile but back when I was using Sidekicks, those contacts and just about everything I did on my device was stored on the Danger servers and I didn’t think twice about it.  

More people should be angry at this. We are paying for them to squeeze every last bit of data from our lives and if you don't like it, well now you've got to deal with the obnoxious prompt. It's borderline harassment and should be illegal. 

I'm on the verge of cancelling my service if it doesn't disappear quickly.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Are you guys using Digits?  The only time I have ever seen that kind of message was when using digits.