Question

Simple Choice grandfathered unlimited data on a new plan

• 1 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have four lines on Simple Choice.  They were given free Unlimited 4G data on all lines a few years ago.  For Simple Choice Plans that are grandfathered, can a new line be added with the free Unlimited Data that was offered to the existing lines a couple of years ago?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try contacting tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms to see if they can help you they also are a higher tier of support.

Badge

It looks like T Mobile removed the unlimited data for the simple choice grandfather plan. It used to be we received either 1 GB or 3 GB of high-speed data then it would slow down after that but within the last week we have no data at all and now the plan actually reads simple choice. Unlimited talk and text. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Hello,

I have a similar issues to Lorim1313. However a bit more frustrating. I was still on the Simple Choice until mid- last year it included data it was $126.  I asked T-Mobile at a local store to help as my son was traveling for one month and wanted one month service in Spain. He said it took a bit of tweaking because we had a granfathered plan and would switch the plan to a new plan for a  month but would be able to get me the grandfather plan back to the exact, original plan. Not true!!I believed him ,did it, it went back to the old plan, but now did not include any data! All of a sudden, we were travelling and no data.

Called spent hours on the phone they said they fixed it they would put the old plan as was, got data back with a new $80/month charge. Another hour on the phone today, before the lady said I can’t help you, you need to talk with a supervisor and none are available. She said call and schedule an appt, when I asked she said no that is not to be scheduled with a supervisor that the call is an appt to pay a bill.

16 years with the company and treated like this. Not loving it..