Simple Choice - Tablet Data - Broken Promise

• 1 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have been a T-Mobile customer for about 7 years. I currently have a grandfathered Simple Choice plan with 5 phones and 4 tablets. I also have Home Internet and 4 Sync Up Drive devices.

When I first signed up for the Simple Choice plan I seem to remember that the tablets and the tablet data were included at no additional charge. In fact, I remember using my tablets for several years with no issues (at no charge). About 4 years ago I had to go to Europe on business and I purchased a Data Pass. After the data pass expired my tablet stopped working.

I have called T-Mobile on numerous occasions over the years to resolve this problem and customer service is basically clueless with regards to Simple Choice. In addition, my bill is confusing.

The customer service agent(s) are unable to explain these “discounts”. I believe that my account should at least include the $10 monthly data plan (2GB) and that the $10.00 “Mobile Internet Discount” is on my bill to “grandfather” my devices.

The problem is that my tablets no longer have data and the only way I can get them to work is to purchase a data pass. That is not what I signed up for. And, as I said, everything worked correctly until I purchased a data plan for European travel.

I have been a loyal customer for a long time. I have never received any “promos”, free phones, etc. from T-Mobile. I know this is not a huge issue but it really bothers me that T-Mobile won’t fix my account. It’s not so much a money issue as it is an ethics issue.

If I am incorrect then please let me know.

1 reply

Userlevel 1

It's cheaper to lose you as a customer than keep you. This is corporate speak. Sorry to hear you're going through that. Unfortunately loyalty has no power anymore unless it is used as a collective. A huge number of us standing together demanding fair trade for our dollars or taking our money elsewhere. 1 dollar out of my pocket is nothing but 1 dollar out of 1 thousand of us, now that demands attention. Good luck to you and don't buckle. Keep pushing.