Question

Sonim XP3 Plus MMS Problem

• 12 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge

My Sonim XP3 Plus can’t download MMS.  I’ve searched T-Mobile sites and even tried creating a new Access point name as recommended, but this hasn’t helped.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

b

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

purchased from TMO or brought in as a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)?

if it was brought in from an outside source you might need to mess with the APN settings. or at least check through them and make sure it all matches up.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/byod-t-mobile-data-and-apn-settings

if it was purchased from TMO this wont matter

Badge

I purchased the device from T-mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

well shoot..the APN deal aint it then..you have data correct? no issues using the browser or apps that use data?

also which texting app does it use?

Badge

Data works. Internet works. Just using the built in texting app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

whos texting app though? if you go into the play store and select your texting app who does it say created it/owns it?

Badge

The XP3 plus runs Android 11, but does not have access to the play store. So the phone comes with it’s own messaging app as far as I can tell. I’ve tried looking at the settings but there is nothing that tells me who made the app.  Sorry I can’t find out more about it.

I do appreciate your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

oof..ok i looked up the device lol.. hrm...do you by chance have another like device near you or that you can steal the sim card in and toss into your phone? wondering if the sim card might be acting a bit funky.

heck im not even sure if you can do any resets on that device or not lol.

Badge

No other sim card. I’ve restarted numerous times. The only thing I haven’t done is to completely wipe the phone and reset all the settings. I’ve avoided this since I have to put in the contacts by hand. :)

Thanks for looking and trying to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

sorry the outcome wasnt something better.