Question

Spam Caller: +1 805 637 7243

• 1 February 2021
  • 25 replies

Badge

This # has been leaving voice messages ever since I got my phone in 2018. Every time I shut down my phone then turn it back on it says that I have a new voice message from the same #. Then its says that voice mail was detected using SMS but I haven't even been able to set up my voice mail. So I Googled the # to see if anyone else was having this problem and I found that this # is from Santa Barbara and many people have had this issue just like me and most of them said that this # had something to do with T-Mobile. Then I heard that this # was a viruse or a hacker trying to get into your phone which almost gave me a heart attack. So if you could explain to me what this # really is then that would be great. 

25 replies

I’ve got the same issue.  Started this morning.  Got online with support and they deleted my Voicemail Service as I use Google Voice.  I can’t get rid of the VM icon for notifications….. 

I get voicemail notifications non-stop from this number (805) 637-7243) I have blocked it repeatedly but it still comes in several times a day-sounds like T Mobile hasn’t done anything about it

Go to Settings menu

• To access your voicemail setting menu, press and hold the 1 key or dial 123 on your device dial pad.

I checked my voicemail by dialing 123.  I didn’t bother dialing the 805 number.

How do I get rid of this number that keeps calling me a million times per day. The number is 805-637-7243?

Lillian Dauod

I have been getting calls from this number also ever since I switched to T-Mobile.  #805 637 7243 calls me numerous times a day all hours of the day and night. I have blocked the number so my phone doesn’t ring but he always leaves a voice mail about wanting to buy my house. When I did a reverse search on the number thru the white pages it shows it Registered in Dorchester, MA. If T-Mobile can’t do something about this I may have to go back to AT&T!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Try the following: Turn on Spam Block by dialing #ONB# and hitting the send key, just like you're dialing a phone call. Install the Scam Shield app. Block and report the number next time you get a call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I find it hard to believe this thread has gone on for so long and no one has mentioned that +1-805-637-7243 (805-MESSAGE) is T-Mobile’s voicemail access line. You call that number to access your voicemail from a non-T-Mobile phone. You can also leave messages for T-Mobile customers.

@drnewcomb The problem is not this number calling me, it is that this number is making notification noises on my phone, even when there is no new voicemail.  I hear the TM notification sounds at 1AM from this number, 5AM, etc.  I have tried saving this phone number as a contact, setting its ringtone and notification sounds to silent and then blocking it.  NOTHING WORKS.  I have over a dozen calls into TM about this, but they don’t help.  I’ve had their tech support tell me that they have blocked this number from calling me and sending me notifications, but that didn’t last and I am not sure it ever worked in the first place.  I need for this number’s notification sounds to be set to silent and cannot do it manually on my phone OR with tech support. 

Just for your information, the reason why some people may think this is a scam caller is because numerous times when I have called TM, the customer service agents tell me that it is a scam number.  They need to watch the way they phrase this.  I think what they MEAN to say is perhaps a scammer is spoofing this number and calling, but they don’t explain themselves adequately, and simply say “Ma’m, when I research this number, I see that it is a scam caller.”  Not exactly true.  It’s TM’s number being spoofed.  They don’t take the time to differentiate that though, and so they are telling the general public that it is a scam number, when in fact, it is TM voicemail’s number being spoofed.  Today, one customer service agent (I spoke with three alone today) was kind enough to explain to me that the number is a debt collector, and she went on to explain to me that debt collectors call you when you haven’t paid a bill. (Duh?)  I quickly explained to that call taker that my credit is perfect and that I am fortunate enough to have a job and I can pay my bills. (UGH!!!!!)

So, I hope this demystifies why some people think that +1-805-637-7243 (805-MESSAGE) is T-Mobile’s voicemail access line.  Call TM and ask them about this number.  You probably will be told by TM directly that it is  a scam number.  Perhaps that may cure your disbelief. . .

I have been getting calls from this number also ever since I switched to T-Mobile.  #805 637 7243 calls me numerous times a day all hours of the day and night. I have blocked the number so my phone doesn’t ring but he always leaves a voice mail about wanting to buy my house. When I did a reverse search on the number thru the white pages it shows it Registered in Dorchester, MA. If T-Mobile can’t do something about this I may have to go back to AT&T!

I'm considering switching to AT&T, were you happy with them? . T-MOBILE has went so far as to flat out tell me a boldface LIE to sell me services. And the fact that Sprint customers aren't eligible for their new phone trade in is a bunch of garbage. So I'm choosing to find another carrier and leaning towards AT&T. 

So, I just switched to T-Mobile probably 5 days ago, and in the last 5 days this number has been constant  in my voicemail.  I delete it and within 5 minutes it pops up again. 

I have had the same nightmare as soon as I started with T Mobil.  I blocked the number and still couldn't get rid of this nuisance,  every 10 minutes day and night!

I called T-mobil custermer service and told them I was goung to have to get a different provider if they couldn't do something.

They were aware of the number and blicked it from their side....so far no more calls.  I hope this is the end of it.

Call customer service, they told me it was someone phishing!  What a pain! So glad customer service was so understanding!

The reason you are getting this message from 8056377243 is because you phone is trying to link as a secured device to your voicemail. It will go away by calling 123 and setting up your voicemail from your phone. It is not a scam number, it is the number to the Voicemail services.

If you have a T-Mobile Branded phone go to your contacts and scroll down to voicemail and you will see its the same number your phone calls.

Non T-Mobile phones has that number imbedded in the sim and dialing 123 directs it to the current providers number.

The only way to block it is to have your voicemail removed from your account.

I talked to a rep. 3 days ago, He said everything on my phonevwas set up fine and He would block this number that relentless at leaving vouce mails about orders I have never made on Amazon and ither threatening and upsetting messages.  I guess T-mobile has been hacked and can't do anything about this!  I am looking for another carrier this is ridiculous!  Very poor customer service!

I talked to a rep. 3 days ago, He said everything on my phonevwas set up fine and He would block this number that relentless at leaving vouce mails about orders I have never made on Amazon and ither threatening and upsetting messages.  I guess T-mobile has been hacked and can't do anything about this!  I am looking for another carrier this is ridiculous!  Very poor customer service!

From T-Mobile's own page:

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/self-service-short-codes

**61*18056377243**seconds#

Change call forwarding delay time. Choose a 5, 10, 15, up to a 30-second delay. For example, dialing **61*18056377243**10# would be a 10-second delay.

@drnewcomb The problem is not this number calling me, it is that this number is making notification noises on my phone, even when there is no new voicemail.  I hear the TM notification sounds at 1AM from this number, 5AM, etc.  I have tried saving this phone number as a contact, setting its ringtone and notification sounds to silent and then blocking it.  NOTHING WORKS.  I have over a dozen calls into TM about this, but they don’t help.  I’ve had their tech support tell me that they have blocked this number from calling me and sending me notifications, but that didn’t last and I am not sure it ever worked in the first place.  I need for this number’s notification sounds to be set to silent and cannot do it manually on my phone OR with tech support. 

Just for your information, the reason why some people may think this is a scam caller is because numerous times when I have called TM, the customer service agents tell me that it is a scam number.  They need to watch the way they phrase this.  I think what they MEAN to say is perhaps a scammer is spoofing this number and calling, but they don’t explain themselves adequately, and simply say “Ma’m, when I research this number, I see that it is a scam caller.”  Not exactly true.  It’s TM’s number being spoofed.  They don’t take the time to differentiate that though, and so they are telling the general public that it is a scam number, when in fact, it is TM voicemail’s number being spoofed.  Today, one customer service agent (I spoke with three alone today) was kind enough to explain to me that the number is a debt collector, and she went on to explain to me that debt collectors call you when you haven’t paid a bill. (Duh?)  I quickly explained to that call taker that my credit is perfect and that I am fortunate enough to have a job and I can pay my bills. (UGH!!!!!)

So, I hope this demystifies why some people think that +1-805-637-7243 (805-MESSAGE) is T-Mobile’s voicemail access line.  Call TM and ask them about this number.  You probably will be told by TM directly that it is  a scam number.  Perhaps that may cure your disbelief. . .

Hold 1 or call 123 to reach your own voicemail box.  Then go to the list of recent calls.  It should say that you just called voicemail.  Click on that once and tell me what number it just called.  There is nothing to demystify.

Also, below is from T-Mobile's own support page on how to adjust the number of times your phone rings before sending it to mailbox.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/self-service-short-codes

**61*18056377243**seconds#

Change call forwarding delay time. Choose a 5, 10, 15, up to a 30-second delay. For example, dialing **61*18056377243**10# would be a 10-second delay.

Go to Settings menu

• To access your voicemail setting menu, press and hold the 1 key or dial 123 on your device dial pad.

I checked my voicemail by dialing 123.  I didn’t bother dialing the 805 number.

Go to your "recent calls" screen after you call 123.  It should tell you that you just called "voicemail."  Press the name "voicemail" and see what number YOU JUST DIALED and see what it says.

I must be the lucky one...these annoying calls have just begun for me. Ive been with Tmo x 15+ years. Between my current POS LG stylo6 being awful and these annoying calls, I think it is time to give my hard earned $$$ to another company. 

If it was not for the GREAT peeps here who always are able to answer questions, I'd have left years ago. 

FINAL ANSWER - PROBLEM SOLVED - All you have to do is delete the VM and the notification will go away. To do so, hold 1 on your phone like explained before to log in to your VM. Press 7 to delete the msg. Notification gone. P.S. If you don’t know your pin, from your keypad dial #793#, and it will reset your pw to the last 4 digits of your phone number. That’s it no scam, no real issue. Funny story the VM in my box was my mom butt dialing me.

My phone has been hacked for awhile and I have been asking help reporting T-Mobile, they never place any investigation. I didn’t know that this T-Mobile voice mail number was ran by the hackers trying to control my phone calls. I even reported this to identity theft calling and reporting online but I realized now that the call went to this number which was controlling all my incoming and out going calls which means i would have spoken with hackers. 
and my SIM card came with Wi-Fi connections calls T-Mobile wingman when my phone gets heat up all of sudden the Wi-Fi start to opening. 
T-Mobile is top of comprised telecommunications company in the USA 

Here's what may be happening: Scam callers use a service like Spoof Card. This service allows the scammer calling you to provide two things: (1) the phone # they are calling (your phone#), and (2) the phone # they want your Caller ID to see (805-637-7243, which is TMO's Voicemail #).  Anonymous callers using this method are able to leave you an unwanted message without you ever hearing your phone ring and without a trace on your Recent Calls. For TMO customers, this 805-637-7243 is the T-Mobile Voicemail service which is the same as pressing and holding the 1 key on your dialpad (observe the phone # that is called when you do this). When they call using this Caller ID #, the call on the TMO network goes directly to Voicemail. Some businesses use this technique and it tells you a lot about their integrity.

MESSAGE TO T-MOBILE: It seems that T-Mobile engineers should be able to identify when a customer's an incoming call is coming from this 805-637-7243 # and if so, simply dead-end the call instead of sending it to Voicemail. The problem is then solved.

I just wanted to check if dialing *67 before making an outgoing call from my landline would still block my caller ID on the other end. To test it, I called my T-Mobile cell. The *67 still does work to block my caller ID, but the call showed up on my cell as unknown caller from the number 805-637-7243. BTW, the landline I made the call from is my Comcast VOIP line. So, there was no spoofing on my part, I simply used the *67 to block my caller ID info and it rang in as coming from the 805 number. Interesting.

WE Only need the CALLER number not VM!   😫

that's whack! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I just wanted to check if dialing *67 before making an outgoing call from my landline would still block my caller ID on the other end. To test it, I called my T-Mobile cell. The *67 still does work to block my caller ID, but the call showed up on my cell as unknown caller from the number 805-637-7243. BTW, the landline I made the call from is my Comcast VOIP line. So, there was no spoofing on my part, I simply used the *67 to block my caller ID info and it rang in as coming from the 805 number. Interesting.

if youre getting a bunch of repeat notifications for vm that is not in there you can also contact TMO and have them do a reset on your vm.

are any of you using the TMO Visual Voicemail app or just the dial in one?

The number is 813 264 5966

So I got a call from that exact same number 8056377234 telling me to stay away from his girl which I don't even know about, threatening me in the process like he's gonna end me. I'm not even in any kind of relationship with anybody so I don't know who he's talking about. But if I see him coming I'm seriously gonna take him down. I work with my buddies at an airport so if he tries to he'll have a hard time getting through them before getting to me.