Mobile # verification is the last identity step in signing up for an IRS.gov account to view your tax information. IRS.gov cannot verify my T-Mobile phone #.
Based on previous threads from years ago:
1) Yes, T-Mobile says short codes are turned on for my phone.
2) No, I do not and have never had a pre-paid phone #.
3) No idea - the person before me with this # may have had prepaid; I can't know that.
4) No idea - I have no way of checking if my Caller ID matches my full name -- is there a function for that?
5) No, there is currently no way to email Customer Care to send an image of the IRS.gov error. Calling did not help.
6) No, mobile is presently the only way to verify with the IRS -- they have suspended the postal mail option!
Any help from T-Mobile would be greatly appreciated!