Question

Suspension for no known reason

• 30 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I just joined T-Mobile from Verizon.  We bought two new phones outright and those lines went active immediately. Ordered another phone for the account to take advantage of a trade-in, but kept my old phone and replaced the SIM card with a T-Mobile card. This morning I received an e-mail that all accounts were suspended. The new phone is supposed to arrive tomorrow.  I called customer service and they said that they did not know why all accounts were suspended, and that they had no way to communicate with the fraud department except through e-mail. They said the account is usually suspended for 24 hours at least. This doesn’t make any sense to me. No reason provided so I can’t react to it, and meanwhile all family members are left without a communication method. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

unfortunately you’ll have to get back in contact with TMO..you might opt to try contacting them through either Facebook or Twitter since their support is higher level starting off. wonder if they viewed the two purchases then another phone being purchased and thought it was fraudulent?

Badge

It’s certainly my right to find the cheapest combination of purchases to meet my needs from authorized dealers.  The first two purchases and plan signup were through Costco.  Costco was unable to complete the trade-in transaction so Costco called T-Mobile to complete the transactions.  I signed up for 4 lines, and I should be able to purchase my phones any way I want if they are from authorized dealers. The least I expect from them is for them give me a reason for the fraud suspension so I can respond to it. I cannot communicate with anyone via phone. I can’t receive calls which are business related and family (elder relative we need to contact daily) as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

unfortunately you’ll have to get back in contact with TMO..you might opt to try contacting them through either Facebook or Twitter since their support is higher level starting off. wonder if they viewed the two purchases then another phone being purchased and thought it was fraudulent?

***I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Tmobile and my suggestions and or opinions are my own**.~~~~ The site here is primarily peer to peer with some TMO moderation to keep the site in order..They do not have account access..The prefered method would be to contact TMO through either calling in (tier 1 support) or by contacting them through either Facebook/Twitter (tier 2 support)**~~~~