Solved

Syncup drive 2 status

• 4 August 2019
  • 6 replies

Just purchased a DriveUp 2 device for my van. It looks like the device hasn’t been tested with my 2019 car. At the store they told me to try and make sure that the device turns off when the engine is off. How can we know that though? I definitely don't want to have my battery killed or other issues.

icon

Best answer by snn555 5 August 2019, 02:41

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4

Are there no status or indicator lights on the unit? I know anything that is plugged into the OBD2 port gets power even when the vehicle is off. There may be some safety features in some vehicles that turn off the port after a set amount of time. But even when I had a different scanner in my port in a 2005 model vehicle it did not draw enough power to weaken the battery.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I'm thinking you should have an LED indicator on the device. When you plug it in, do you see anything light up?

Yes  both lights it has are on. Thank you for the reply.

Thanks for the reply. Looks like it went through a couple of days of inactivity of the vehicle without draining the battery. So hopefully it will stay that way.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Okay. If they stay on with the engine off, it might still be pulling power from your battery. I believe it's a plug-in with no official on/off switch.

Userlevel 4

All port scanners are like this. OBDII ports are constantly hot.  This is because a key may not be available to turn on the system when needed.