Question

T-Mobile app keeps stopping.

• 6 October 2021
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

This issue with the “T-Mobile app keeps stopping” has been going on for many months.  About a month ago, I found out in this forum that t-mobile was aware of the issue & was working on it.  It stopped for awhile & started again a few days ago.  This is beyond annoying.  I have tried everything I could think of - uninstalling the app, updating the app, reinstalling the app, rebooting after doing anything new, etc.  At times my phone is almost unusable because the message pops up when I am trying to do something crucial - like making a payment to a medical provider.  This can’t be that difficult of a fix.  T-Mobile - your response to this issue is unacceptable.  When are you going to fix this issue permanently.  I am tired of my phone being held hostage to your dismissal of this problem & your refusal to make a permanent fix.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you cant turn off the notifications on it so it doesnt keep popping up on you?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Even though I turn off notifications, the app in the list of apps still states “Allowed” &  even though I tap on the app & manually tap off on the notifications, they are turned on again as soon as I leave & go back to the list of notifications.  I cannot make any changes to the notifications & have my changes saved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

same deal if you slide the notification to the right and it gives you a settings option?

I had MetroPCS for years and not once experienced this issue until I switched to T-Mobile about a year ago. This is a recurring problem and is totally random - one day it is fine the next day it is not. I am currently having this issue today 11/8/2021 “T-Mobile Keeps Stopping” and it is incessant. You can’t even type a text without this message interrupting at least 10 times. This is clearly an issue that T-Mobile has to resolve on their end. It is annoying and unacceptable. I’m ready to switch back to MetroPCS. 

I have the same problem.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I know how annoying that is! The same thing happened to me a while back.  Here’s what helped me:

Go into Settings

Find Apps (your mileage may vary depending on your device, might say App Info or App manager) but you’re going to be seeing your entire list of applications

They should be in alphabetical order, find T-Mobile.  There may be two, one will be larger than the other.  Click the smaller of the two.

Tap Force Stop, then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner. Click Uninstall Updates. Reboot.

Hope this helps!

I do a force stop BUT I do not see the "3-dots" to go in and remove updates.

I know how annoying that is! The same thing happened to me a while back.  Here’s what helped me:

Go into Settings

Find Apps (your mileage may vary depending on your device, might say App Info or App manager) but you’re going to be seeing your entire list of applications

They should be in alphabetical order, find T-Mobile.  There may be two, one will be larger than the other.  Click the smaller of the two.

Tap Force Stop, then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner. Click Uninstall Updates. Reboot.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much for your suggestion, it worked !!!

Galaxy X3, working fine yesterday, today, “not Registered On The Network” and “t-mobile stops working” messages appear and phone no longer works.

It's time for a class action suit. I did not but this phone from LG.....I paid T-Mobile for this phone!!!!! If they can't fix it I want my money back!!!####

Userlevel 1

This pop up has started again. Im not paying my bill until it's fixed

This issue with the “T-Mobile app keeps stopping” has been going on for many months.  About a month ago, I found out in this forum that t-mobile was aware of the issue & was working on it.  It stopped for awhile & started again a few days ago.  This is beyond annoying.  I have tried everything I could think of - uninstalling the app, updating the app, reinstalling the app, rebooting after doing anything new, etc.  At times my phone is almost unusable because the message pops up when I am trying to do something crucial - like making a payment to a medical provider.  This can’t be that difficult of a fix.  T-Mobile - your response to this issue is unacceptable.  When are you going to fix this issue permanently.  I am tired of my phone being held hostage to your dismissal of this problem & your refusal to make a permanent fix. I too am so annoyed  by this. You should be giving us Credit for the impossibility of using our phones in desperate times. This message could be the difference between a 911 call or any emergency heart issues As I have.    THis whole Crap must stop or maybe all of us need to unite to go with another company. Maybe I should talk my husband  into not paying the Bill as well. 

Go into Settings

Hope this helps!

It worked! Thank you, thank you!

I've been to T-mobile 3 times and no one had an answer. I hope it stays🤞

It worked! Thank you, thank you!

I've been to T-mobile 3 times and no one had an answer. I hope it stays🤞

Uninstalling updates, as described above, fixed the problem on my Galaxy S9.

Go into Settings

Hope this helps!

It worked for me, and I didn't have to go the 'settings" route. When the "T-Mobile keeps stopping" alert popped up, I just tapped the first option and followed the instructions in your last paragraph. Thanks!