Solved

T-Mobile App not working with my prepaid account

• 11 January 2019
  • 19 replies

I signed up for a t-mobile prepaid account about a month ago and each time I try to open the T-Mobile App I get the message "Sorry we're not ready for you yet. We're working on improving your app experience." I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 from T-Mobile (Previously was used with my business account) that us running Android version 8.0.0. How can I get the app to work for me?

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 17 January 2019, 02:11

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 5

It looks like right now the app is not working for prepaid customers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Yeah, this is something we're aware of. The message is accurate and we're working on this for our new Prepaid folks.

Thanks for the confirmation. Is there any estimated time frame set?

Userlevel 4

No specific time frame as of right now but we are in the process of pushing out a large update soon! 

Version 4.8 isn't working for this new prepaid subscriber (as of yesterday).

I'm on an awesome, high tech, iPhone 5s.  A little frustrating that a major carrier app doesn't work...

Eight months later and the app is still broken. I've never witnessed this level of faltering from a public facing corporation before.

Latest app on Play Store and a T-Mobile branded LG phone.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hey, it's been 'broken" for MONTHS! Can you get to your account on line? I had a laptop with Windows 10. The site wouldn't completely load up, so I used EDGE. The site, on EDGE, worked perfectly. I am on a prepaid account. We are treated like "stepchildren". We really have no skin in T-Mobile. With the problems of purchasing a phone on the site I purchased my phone (Stylo 3 Plus) directly from the store. I cannot understand that as big as T-Mobile is the app for prepaid accounts wasn't fixed months ago.

And it is now many more months and it looks like this is still broken.  I just created my pre paid account his month and and getting that error also.  Is there going to be any movement on this?

I just moved to t mobile from Tracphone. I noticed the app error and called T-Mobile. The rep (who was super nice and pleasant!) wanted to “set my expectations” and that “the T-Mobile app is only for our post paid users”. So there you have it,. its August of 2020 and Prepiad T-Mobile users cant use the main t-mobile app. Prepaid users “should use our website instead”.

The website does work well on my phone, but it seems very odd indeed that I need to use their website and not the app that came preinstalled with my lg v20.

Userlevel 1

This is absurd. Are you going to make the app available for prepaid users or not? It does not even give an indication that it’s a prepaid only issue in the app..

Userlevel 1

I signed up for a t-mobile prepaid account about a month ago and each time I try to open the T-Mobile App I get the message "Sorry we're not ready for you yet. We're working on improving your app experience." I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 from T-Mobile (Previously was used with my business account) that us running Android version 8.0.0. How can I get the app to work for me?

@ 2 years and no app still working…

What’s the best way to add a data upgrade when on-the-go?
I would have used the app, but the app is not working.

Sorry T-Mobile, I can not pay you extra money this month, will have to wait until my data plan renews in a few days and live with GSM speeds meanwhile.

Badge

2.5yrs later and no solution?

2 Years later and NO SOLUTION😴😴😴😴

And here we are… nothing but sorry, we’re not ready for you yet.  How many years now have we been waiting on this “UPDATE”? Complete crap.

3 years later and no solution/update…

Lmao. We're working on that. 

Mm 4 years ago. 

Issue persists. 

Rigggggght 

I’ve been with T-Mobile for over 4 years now and the app is still not working. It just boggles the mind how these huge corporations function.

4 years and no updates. I'm a new prepaid customer.