Question

T-mobile charging me after cancellation

• 27 October 2021
  • 16 replies

Badge

T-mobile charging me after cancellation!

I’ve canceled my iPhone-7 with T-mobile in February 2021. But I realized I’ve been CHARGED since then. I found out about the additional charges in July and contacted customer service. And the first customer service agent said it has been taken care of. 

But later, a few months after the call in July, T-mobile sent me bills again. So I called again to find out what was going on. Another agent told me that it has been taken care of. So there will be no charges. 
I asked for a written document to make sure I have a record of it. I have an email saying that the cancellation has been processed since Feb of 2021 and there will be no charges.
But now. I got a bill of $92 from a COLLECTION AGENCY! 

I am so frustrated with T-Mobile. They are very sketchy, unprofessional, and disguising. T-mobile does not inform every information that customers need to know and never resolves an issue. They submit their incorrect bill to a CCA and ruin my credit. I have a written confirmation that the phone has been canceled and a balance of $0. It makes no sense why I get charged again. 

I will proceed to a legal lawsuit if it does not get removed from the CCA and cleared to a balance of $0.
Please advise.
-Ashley

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tmobile doesn't prorate bills so if you canceled mid cycle you would still need to pay a month's service.

Badge

They were trying to charge a hidden pro rate charge without telling me. Normally you dont take their word for it. You ask for a confirmation text and that will confirm they did it for you. Like a reinbursement or cancellation. I learned the hard way after I kept getting hidden charges.

Badge

I was not informed about the prorated bill or anything. When I asked the customer agent, the agent said there will be no charges and I don’t need to worry about it. I don’t understand how a corporate T-mobile handles business like this, telling lies and not informing their customers of accurate information. I did not get any notification about the additional charge and suddenly I get a bill from the Collection Agency. This is a major issue. Please remove the record from the CCA asap. I am going to take this matter to BBB and legal lawsuit if it does not get resolved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you will need to take this all up with an actual agent..the site here is primarily peer to peer with a few moderators/admin to keep the site in order..they do not have account access..

call in or if possible contact them through either Facebook or Twitter..second tier support instead of the call in tier 1 support.

Badge

I’ve tried to talk to the different agents and they don’t work. I emailed the person who sent me the confirmation emails about my cancellation but no answer. It seems like this is the last result I can take. There is no customer service email address available. I realized every time I call, I can’t trust what they say. This is getting very frustrating. What facebook group and twitter should I contact? 

Badge

I HATE T-MOBILE. I SPENT MY ENTIRE DAY TRYING TO REACH OUT TO AN AGENT ON FB AND THEY WANT MY PIN NUMBER. BUT I DON’T HAVE AN ACCESS TO MY PIN NUMBER SINCE IT HAS BEEN CANCELED. THEY WANT ME TO WALK TO A PHYSICAL STORE AND SHOW MY ID TO VERIFY MY ACCOUNT DURING THIS PANDEMIC. THIS IS GETTING SO RIDICULOUS. I NEVER REMEMBER SETTING UP A PIN NUMBER WITH T-MOBILE WHEN I OPENED AN ACCT IN 2016. AND EVERY TIME THEY ASK FOR MY PIN I DON'T KNOW WHAT. THEY ALWAYS GAVE ME A TEMPORARY NUMBER AND NOW I CAN'T EVEN HAVE THAT. THIS IS HOW T-MOBILE COMMUNICATES WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS AND MAKE THEM FRUSTRATED AND INFURIATED. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

they are trying to bill me after canceling t-mobile home internet i cancelled 5 days b4 my next bill date -i imagine if i had not turned off autopay b4 this they would still be trying to collect money ---so now i am stuck trying to get ahold of them i can not access my account do to not having a t-mobile phone number to long yet i can long in on hear to post this ---i also was assured i would not be charged and had no remaining charges when cancelled all i have is the account number and there is no one asking for an account number only phone number this is ridiculous i wonder how many people there stealing from.

i wonder if you have gotten this issue figured out ?

I am also disappointed with T-Mobile! I got wifi hotspot and data only plan, $55 plan, ordered it on the 8th of Oct, received it on the 12th and activated it on the 13th, device showed service end date of 11-12-21, called cust service on 11-8-21, said they reconnected me for 24 hours, since I couldn’t make payment at that time, then they charged me for it twice! I checked the account online on 11-18-21, and now bill showed amount due of $165.00! Customer service told me the due date of the bill is not the same as the service date, the due date started the day the order was placed, cheating me out of 6 days of service, I thought it was a prepaid account, very misleading on the website, they charged me late fees and suspended account fees, long story short, I had the device for a month and 5 days and they charge me $165.00?!!! I could have had satellite internet cheaper than that! I will not be recommending to anybody to use T-mobile.

My family, and I decided to go back to T-Mobile during an upcoming deployment back in 2019. My duty station changed, and my family and I moved into a new home. We did not have cell reception with T-Mobile and transfer our three phone lines, and requested to cancel our sons account. We went through loops to have my husbands line canceled, and was charged again for our sons account after the cancellation request. I was assured by a T-Mobile rep this would be fixed. I was refunded 74 for my sons tablet. Two months go by and I receive a charge of 144. I call T-Mobile, and they see the refund request was put in, and cancellation request was noted and not processed. The rep then cancels the account, and assure the balance would be cleared. Long story short…. 8 month later this account after monthly calls, and constant assurance of a resolution…. A debt appears on my credit report. T-Mobile reps still trying to figure out why this issue has not been resolved. I was informed by a rep that I should pay the amount for a quick resolution. They can clearly see a they are in error, but all seem clueless on how to fix this. I have waited for 30 min to an hour for a rep to get on the line for the call to drop shortly after. This issue is still unresolved, and what a headache dealing with the staff who are poorly trained. This has been a nightmare. 

T-mobile has been charging me for months maybe even years. On a plan that I no longer even have. They’ve be charging me 30$ for tablets that were offered to me on a special plan. I feel very disappointed because I’ve been with T-Mobile for over 10 years  and they tell me they can’t do anything about it that they’re sorry it’s my fault. They tried to give me 60$ 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ I will be taking this dispute to a lawyer and to court. 

I was told those tablets were free as well 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

figure any time ANY carrier says you get a free phone/tablet there will be something tied to it..usually you must have either an account for said free phone to be on or in the case of a free tablet usually you must have a data plan for a certain amount of time before you can cancel its data plan and do whatever you want with it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This reminds me of what happened to me with Verizon back in the early 2000’s.  I renewed after my 1 year at the ‘corporate store’, after waiting nearly an hour.  On Xmas morning (a couple days later) we went to use it .. and it was a message stating to visit Verizon as the phone was assigned to a different address/number.  Returned and cancelled device within the 14 day ‘at the store’, with cancellation paperwork.  End of the month … a bill.  Contacted VZW, and they claimed they hadn’t received any cancellation.  Went to the store - they claimed it was sent to VZW and was returned, and I shouldn’t worry.  Next month … another bill with 2 months.  Corp claims they haven’t received, and store claims it was cancelled, then comes a notice from collections.  I contacted BBB, and never heard from VZW or collections again, and no hit on my rating.  Similarly, I have never gone to Verizon since.

Badge

Hello, I previously had cell phone service with T-mobile and we cancelled it and switched to ATT in September 2021 because we never had good service anywhere. My last bill was autopaid in September and never received any letter from T-Mobile. However, I received a letter from a debt collector named Convergent dated 1/10/22 for T-Mobile for $623.91. Then, I received a Final Notice letter from T-Mobile dated 1/20/22 saying that I owe $623.91. I called the debt collector and they said T-Mobile pulled the account from them. Then I received a letter from a different debt collector named Frontline Asset Strategies for the amount of $1,710.41. I disputed it with Frontline. T-Mobile has been charging me monthly for service that I cancelled in September 2021. How can they charge me for service that I don't even have? How can they try to send it to a debt collector, pull it back from them and send a different amount to a different debt collector before trying to contact me? I will proceed with a lawsuit if this account is not cleared to a $0 balance and cleared, as I have read online many multiple complaints of T-Mobile doing this to other customers. Thank you.

I had this happened to me too, sad thing is I asked agent after I paid it off and canceled. Is there anything else I need to do next thing I know collections is calling me dropping my credit score below 600 car broke down and I couldn’t get approved for loans to fix it. This has literally ruined my life Luckily, I got my car fixed but I can’t get approved for anything now. 

I have just been sent a claim from a debt collector for a service charge from almost 3 years ago with T-Mobile.

I had service for 27 days and then cancelled and sent the equipment back all within their 30 day requirement. Apparently they are charging me for another month and neglected to let me know for all this time.

T-Mobile you are the problem!