Solved

T-Mobile Conditional Forwarding Fails. T-Mobile network reads my GV # as Invalid

• 23 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I am following the steps correctly as have done with my other T-Mobile line. So the issue isn’t the setup:

• Phone/Dialer -> Settings -> Supplementary services -> Call forwarding ->
  • Always forward = Off
  • Forward when busy = +1[Google Voice Number - including area code]
  • Forward when unanswered = +1[Google Voice Number - including area code]
  • Forward when unreachable = +1[Google Voice Number - including area code]

I did several test calls, and when it transfers to the Google Voice number it hangs up immediately!

I change the forwarding number to my other Google Voice Number (the one I use for my other T-Mobile line), make a few test calls, and it works perfectly!  The calls were seamlessly sent to my GV voicemail, and the messages showed up immediately in the Google Voice app.

I spent HOURS on the phone with T-Mobile tech support and they are telling me that the number shows as invalid in their system though they confirmed that the Google Voice number I am using IS valid and IS linked to my T-Mobile cell number.

I already have my work Cisco voice number forwarded to my Google Voice number, and it works (rings though to the Google Voice app on my phone). So I am at a loss why T-Mobile’s network reads my Google Voice number as “invalid”.

What can I do here??

icon

Best answer by kajecrys 7 September 2021, 23:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Works with one GV number; fails with the second. Sounds like there could be something hokey about the 2nd number.  Have you checked the CO assignment with NANPA?

https://nationalnanpa.com/number_resource_info/co_codes.html

Badge +1

Works with one GV number; fails with the second. Sounds like there could be something hokey about the 2nd number.  Have you checked the CO assignment with NANPA?

https://nationalnanpa.com/number_resource_info/co_codes.html

Okay.. I have no idea what this means or what I need to do on this site.. 🙂 Can I buy a vowel?? :joy:

Badge +1

Good thing someone from T-Mobile resolved this.. :joy: Between this community and Google, I was absolutely nowhere.. :joy: Too bad I can’t mark this as “Resolved”

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

as the OP you should be able to mark any post in here as the answer..

which if you know what they had to do on their end you could always post that and then mark it as the answer.

Badge +1

as the OP you should be able to mark any post in here as the answer..

which if you know what they had to do on their end you could always post that and then mark it as the answer.

Thanks for your response.. If I knew exactly what the T-Mobile tech did I would have said what that was.. I don’t. He only stated that there were some incorrect settings on my account on the back end. What those settings were is a mystery to me. :grinning:  so I posted my last comments marked it as the answer which (unbeknownst to me) was the way to mark it as resolved. So all is now right in the world..