Question

T-Mobile email account

Badge

This is a public service announcement regarding T-Mobile’s 5G home internet service.

We have just set up our new 5G service, and it works much better than our old wired service from our previous internet service provider. That is not the issue. The issue is that we plan to cancel that previous account, which means we will no longer have email service through them. So we need new email addresses.

After 20 minutes on hold and speaking with people with heavy foreign accents who did not seem to understand what I was asking for, I finally got a straight answer:

T-MOBILE DOES NOT PROVIDE CUSTOMERS WITH E-MAIL ACCOUNTS

(EXAMPLE: yourname@tmobile.net)

If you switch to T-Mobile 5G home internet service and cancel your old ISP, you will need to make some other email account into your primary email account.

Hopefully this message will save some people a lot of frustration while trying to get full ISP service, and sitting on hold just to speak to someone with a barely-understandable accent who will try to explain that they will delete your email contact information for you.

Best of luck!

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Thanks for confirming. TMO also does not provide any anti-virus software like some ISPs do.

Badge

I hope it helps someone to avoid the lengthy frustration that some people are experiencing over this issue. I’m also hoping that T-Mobile will step up and provide these services that people have come to expect from their ISP instead of the lean-and-cheap service that is becoming the norm, because otherwise that’s just sad. I can imagine that when the next big 5G provider announces full service, there will be a flood of customers bailing out of TMO and leaving us with spotty service again. 😠😒

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I just opened a Cox account a year ago and they didn't offer me a email account from their domain like Comcast did when I had them in Illinois which btw I still have that email account even though I haven't had an active account in over 3 years .

Badge

I may have a few old accounts that still get email as well. From what I’ve seen, they don’t bother to delete access to closed accounts most of the time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Comcast told me I can keep it but if the mailbox is not used in a certain amount of time it will be deleted so I set up to get certain store emails sent to the account.

Badge

So, what can I do. I do t want to keep AT&T just to have a email account.

Email services are an easy fix.    So many free ones out there.   Google,  Microsoft,  rocketmail.

Thibodaux offers you an internet connection service,  in many cases as fast if not faster than the big cable providers at a cheaper cost. 

Email is such an easy to solve problem.   Same with anti-virus. 

Making it seem that t mobile is dropping the ball by not providing something it never advertised that it would seems like such an insignificant thing to me. 

So many intelligent people,  acting like they can't solve their own problems.   I have had the same Gmail address for well over a decade and has stuck with me through several isp changes.    And it really incorporates into any device we use. 

And there are several inexpensive but very reliable AV programs out there to choose from. 

@Bmeddles nailed it. @LorenHowell seems to have missed the memo that there’s no such thing as a free lunch. You were paying your old ISP for all those little “free” extras. T-Mobile promises to give you internet if you give them $50. Nothing more, nothing less. I’m genuinely shocked this topic even exists in the first place. 

Badge

Hi, my name is Alicia Now I know how you cheap people off and like me I am self-employed and I am really struggling and I did my math and you guys don't help out people so wow man 😭💔 it is off and I can't pay this it is to much for me.💔😭🥺😭🥺

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Just get an independent email account so you're not tied to an Internet provider.  I have a Gmail, Yahoo, and Juno email address.  One for serious stuff, one less so, and Juno for the junkie-est of email.