Solved

T Mobile Experience Forum compensation

Badge

I participated in a focus group for the T Mobile community which was run by a marketing company called Fuel Cycle on April 20.  It was a one hour discussion of people who recently switched from another carrier to T Mobile and we were promised a $100 honorarium for our participation.  I have still not received my $100 and have sent numerous emails to no avail.  Nobody responds.  I am frustrated as I spent my time and gave my opinion on the questions asked and now I am still waiting over a month later.  Can anyone help?

icon

Best answer by BLM123 4 June 2022, 02:06

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

the site here is primarily peer to peer with a handful of moderators to keep things in order only. they do not have account access..

were there any links as to whoever is running it? also check your spam folder just in case there were some responses and they got kicked over there instead.

Badge

Hey  - thanks for the response.  I have tried reaching out to the company who ran it but nothing.  I have contacted T Mobile but they didn’t seem to care.  You would think they would if they hired the company to do market research to see what their customers are thinking.  I did check my spam folder once but maybe I will check again just to be sure.  Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

no worries..odds are its mainly going to be on that company but im really not sure who you would need to contact about it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I participated in a focus group for the T Mobile community which was run by a marketing company called Fuel Cycle on April 20.  It was a one hour discussion of people who recently switched from another carrier to T Mobile and we were promised a $100 honorarium for our participation.  I have still not received my $100 and have sent numerous emails to no avail.  Nobody responds.  I am frustrated as I spent my time and gave my opinion on the questions asked and now I am still waiting over a month later.

Appears Fuel Cycle is not BBB accredited, which gives hints of shadiness.

Some resolution was achieved when BBB complaints were filed.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/los-angeles/profile/marketing-consultant/fuel-cycle-1216-1270618/complaints

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I hope you didn’t give them any personal information.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Usually the focus group agency will pay out honorariums. I highly doubt anyone at TMO can help since all they get from the agency is bill for running the focus group. If payment came directly from TMobile, there would be inherent bias in the results. For all you know, a TMobile competitor may have commissioned the focus group.

Who sent you the recruitment email that has the details about the honorarium? That should be the responsible party. It is also possible that Fuel Cycle subcontracted the focus group to another agency.

Badge

I hope you didn’t give them any personal information.

No, they have my email address but that’s it.

Badge

Usually the focus group agency will pay out honorariums. I highly doubt anyone at TMO can help since all they get from the agency is bill for running the focus group. If payment came directly from TMobile, there would be inherent bias in the results. For all you know, a TMobile competitor may have commissioned the focus group.

Who sent you the recruitment email that has the details about the honorarium? That should be the responsible party. It is also possible that Fuel Cycle subcontracted the focus group to another agency.

I participated in a focus group for the T Mobile community which was run by a marketing company called Fuel Cycle on April 20.  It was a one hour discussion of people who recently switched from another carrier to T Mobile and we were promised a $100 honorarium for our participation.  I have still not received my $100 and have sent numerous emails to no avail.  Nobody responds.  I am frustrated as I spent my time and gave my opinion on the questions asked and now I am still waiting over a month later.

Appears Fuel Cycle is not BBB accredited, which gives hints of shadiness.

Some resolution was achieved when BBB complaints were filed.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/los-angeles/profile/marketing-consultant/fuel-cycle-1216-1270618/complaints

Thank you so much, I should have thought to check that.  I am going to file a complaint with BBB, all the other complaints are for the same sort of thing.

Ok, I finally figured this out!  I too signed up for T-Mobile focus group.  I couldn’t figure out how to redeem the $100… I remember vaguely seeing a page of gift cards. I never got an email indicating how to redeem 10,000 points into $100

The site is at:

https://www.experienceforum.t-mobile.com/member/v2/home

I believe it requires a separate ID.. I don’t remember doing that but maybe it was part of the activities when I was in the group.  I reset my password at the experienceforum-tmobile above and then I redeemed the points for two $50 Amazon gift cards. It says I will get the cards tomorrow, electronically. 

Badge

Thank you SO much!!  It's funny,  I had been checking that page over and over but it said I had 0 points.   I just went on after reading your comments and there were my points so I just redeemed them!  I appreciate your help!

You’re very welcome Jeannec36.

As expected, I got two emails this morning and was able to redeem two gift cards (to Amazon, for $100 total). It all worked perfectly well. 

In retrospect, this could all have been avoided if they simply sent out an email after the event, with instructions on how to redeem. I never received any such email (and I’ve looked for it many times).

I'm Joseph and I recently did a focus group about migrating from Sprint to T-Mobile and was promised a $100 gift card or 10,000 points, I took the time to do the focus group that took 1 hour of my time and didn't get rewarded, My moderator was M.Gabby and it was sent by Lisa, was provided through fuel cycle can someone please reach out to me. Sent numerous emails to no avai, my  email  is h***********@gmail.com 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I'm Joseph and I recently did a focus group about migrating from Sprint to T-Mobile and was promised a $100 gift card or 10,000 points, I took the time to do the focus group that took 1 hour of my time and didn't get rewarded, My moderator was M.Gabby and it was sent by Lisa, was provided through fuel cycle can someone please reach out to me. Sent numerous emails to no avai, my  email  is

read the posts above yours..and edit out your email. fully public site so everyone and their mom now has your email..including scammers..

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I'm Joseph and I recently did a focus group about migrating from Sprint to T-Mobile and was promised a $100 gift card or 10,000 points, I took the time to do the focus group that took 1 hour of my time and didn't get rewarded, My moderator was M.Gabby and it was sent by Lisa, was provided through fuel cycle can someone please reach out to me. Sent numerous emails to no avai, my  email  is h***********@gmail.com 

Hey Joseph, Please try BLM123’s suggestion and let us know how it goes. 

Ok, I finally figured this out!  I too signed up for T-Mobile focus group.  I couldn’t figure out how to redeem the $100… I remember vaguely seeing a page of gift cards. I never got an email indicating how to redeem 10,000 points into $100

The site is at:

https://www.experienceforum.t-mobile.com/member/v2/home

I believe it requires a separate ID.. I don’t remember doing that but maybe it was part of the activities when I was in the group.  I reset my password at the experienceforum-tmobile above and then I redeemed the points for two $50 Amazon gift cards. It says I will get the cards tomorrow, electronically. 

Fuelcycle is a scam. They DO NOT PAY after you complete a focus group.  They return voice mails or emails.  The worst part is T-Mobile doesn’t help resolve this.