T-Mobile fails to deliver offered phone plan

• 10 January 2022
  • 0 replies

Badge

I have been a tmobile customer since 2007. I’ve had 5 phone lines ona grandfathered plan, each with unlimited high-speed data. I recently reached out to tmobile to add 6 additional lines onto my existing plan based on the agreement that each line would cost $10 (plus taxes and fees) and that each line would also have unlimited high-speed data. After adding the lines I found out that the six new lines were capped at 2 gigs of high-speed data. Below is a summary of my attempt to resolve the issue:

• 4/27/2021 – received a text from tmobile stating that the 5 lines on my account would get an upgrade from 2gigs of high-speed data per line to unlimited high-speed data, free of charge.
  • 12/21/2021 – Spoke to tmobile rep Kandii. She stated that the new lines would cost $10/line and that the new lines would also have unlimited high-speed data.
  • 12/22/2021 – Spoke to tmobile rep John. He stated that he can add 6 new lines to my account, and that all the new lines would also get unlimited high-speed data at $10/line. He states that his supervisor Donna agreed to approve this. John adds 6 new lines to my account.
  • 12/30/2021 – One of the new lines exceeds 2 gigs and experiences slowed speeds Spoke to tmobile rep Ruzziel. She agrees that the new lines should have unlimited high-speed data. Ruzziel works on the issue and tells me they have resolved the issue for me - just need to wait 2 hours.
  • 12/31/2021 – Data speeds are still slow. Spoke to tmobile rep Martin who says he will have the original rep who added the lines (John) call me by 1/3/22.
  • 1/3/2022 – Spoke to tmobile rep named Nico. He says he will have business support review all my previous calls dating back to 12/22/2021, and that they will resolve the issue by 1/6/22.
  • 1/7/2022 – Spoke to tmobile rep and asked for a manager. The manager, Karen, never called back.
  • 1/8/2022 – Spoke to tmobile supervisor Cam. He states that he cannot honor the offer provided to me on 12/22/21.

If the issue was based on an error/mistake by one employee, the matter would be upsetting yet understandable. This situation is different in that MULTIPLE REPRESENTATIVES stated that the new lines would qualify for unlimited high-speed data at $10/ line. At the very last moment, tmobile decides to renege on its offer and promise.

I have filed complaints with the FCC and BBB. I would like for tmobile to honor its offer and provide me with services for 6 new lines at the agreed upon price of $10/line with unlimited high-speed data.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!