Solved

T-Mobile has no email or live chat technical support anymore?

• 21 August 2017
  • 27 replies

While I am a phone user I generally prefer dealing with technical issues "in writing" rather than by voice call.  In fact, I prefer it for sales support also.

Over the past couple of weeks I've been looking around at the various carriers to see if I wanted to switch, and I used T-Mobile's "chat" to get some information about phones and service plans.  Although I couldn't find an email address for T-Mobile support, the "chat" was at least second best.

Why do I prefer email?  (1) no need to watch the screen for a reply in real time or to hang on the phone; I can send my questions when it's convenient and then check back when it's convenient.  I'd think that T-Mobile might like that also because they can do the same.  (2) If I forget something that was discussed I can go back to the email or chat transcript and review what was discussed.  (3) If it was a question about service plans, pricing, warranty, etc., I have a written record of what I was told and not a "he said she said" story.

Now I no longer see even the "chat" icon on the T-Mobile support pages.

Yes, I know that with a T-Mobile phone I can "message" support, but if I'm already a customer and am contacting them about a loss of service issue that feature is not going to help.  I need to be able to contact someone via my computer in that case.  The only option I see in this case is to sit on hold while phoning in my problem report.

Can we please revive "chat" and add email to the "contact us" listings?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by theartiszan 21 August 2017, 23:04

I think you need to log into your account first now before you have the chat option.

View original

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Tmobile never had email support but they do have live chat.

You can reach live chat through the contact us page on the top right hand side of this page or

usually the bottom of this page will be a tab to message Tmobile

Userlevel 6

I think you need to log into your account first now before you have the chat option.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

That is correct. If you need to use Chat assistance for your account or technical issues you must login through my T-Mobile typically before using chat. However the sales chat from the sales page works but you get directed to chat for account holders.

Well, I am now a T-mobile subscriber but the "Contact Us" icon brings me to a "Message us on My T-Mobile" icon which in turn brings me to a "Call Me" icon.  Nowhere do I see the possibility of online chat (and definitely not email).  So I'm still stuck with voice support.  The reps have all been very nice and very helpful but I really, really prefer to have a text-based record of the conversations.

I take it from the replies that everyone else has a "chat" icon on their "My T-Mobile" screen?  (I'm referring to the web interface, BTW, not the "T-Mobile" app on the phone.)

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Depending on availability the chat now button will appear in magenta color usually within the first 30 seconds for me. The white call us or call me button is always there.

Ah, the old "Depending on availability" ruse :-)

Thanks.

If you use an iOS device you can chat with a representative 24 hours a day, or by laptop/desktop device. For some odd reason I don't think it is available on Android mobile devices. The representatives over chat have assisted me with Technical Support related questions plenty of times. I hope this helped.

Thanks orodrig.  I wonder if it's a coding issue on the T-Mobile website side.  Just now I found that the "Message us" icon appears to the left of the "Call me" icon on Firefox (and I used it to chat with a rep who made a change I wanted) but when I go to the same "Contact us" page using Chrome only "Call me" appears.  This is under Linux.  I didn't try under Windows yet.  And I have no IOS devices so that's right out :-)

An annoying thing about the chat in Firefox (the browser that worked) is that the chat window is tiny (less than 10 percent of my display area) and can't be resized or maximized.  That can't be what most people see or they'd all be complaining, so I think that the problem may be simply that T-Mobile coded the site assuming Windows (or IOS) and forgot all about the folks who run other stuff.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

That chat window on chrome windows is very small as well.

Userlevel 4

No carrier, AFIK, has email CS except for business customers. That's true for TM now and was for ATT and Vz a couple years ago.

Use TForce on Twitter.  It's the best for not needing to be tied in front of a screen or on the phone and they can help you on any device that twitter is on and your case can be passed from rep to rep. 

I guess I'm used to tech support for computer hardware and software; generally there's an email contact and these days a web-based ticketing system has become commonplace.

Maybe it's cheaper for T-Mobile to use phone, chat, and Twitter instead.  I'm surprised at that though; instead of keeping things in one place you just have all these scattered "conversations" going on.  Last night for example I began a chat with a rep about a problem that was "solved" on Sunday during a phone call to a different rep.  The chat lay idle overnight, then this morning I got replies from a third rep asking for the same information that I had given to the first two reps.  Finally the request was understood (actually fairly simple I thought - remove my real name from the outgoing CNAM on my lines) and based on a CNAM dip I did earlier, maybe solved.

They're very nice people but the whole process is a little too random for my liking.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Tmobile's CEO John Legere is huge into social media and once he took over it seems

that Tmobile started reaching out to customers using it.

I am logged in and have logged in and out several times now. I keep getting this message when I try to use the chat "You are no longer logged in. Log in again to view the conversation." Obviously I'm logged in.. I'm posting to this forum.

Hey T-Mobile: I am having exactly the same problem using Messaging as @applerust ("Log in again to view conversation").

I can't call from my cell because my service isn't working and that is why I need support. I am in another country so I don't want to use a land line. I can't message, because your messaging is broken on both Chrome and Safari on my Mac. How about a simple web form where I can submit a problem and I can get an email response? Should I consider moving to another carrier if I can't get any support?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Have you tried Facebook or twitter?

No Live Chat is gone now as well. Keeps getting worse...

Userlevel 4

It seems that TM wants to base its customer contact using FB et al.   Of course you can call 611 - which would seem to be much more efficient than communicating via typing by both sides.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I have a tab at the bottom of this thread to message them on MyTmobile.

I cannot because i don't have a phonenumber. It is for my Ipad only. So who can I contact and how?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Social media like Facebook or Twitter is the best option.

I've given up too.  I used to be very impressed with t-mobile support options, but after giving up waiting on hold I've tried the chat message option on the website and never gotten past the "please wait" message box.  Each time I've eventually given up.  Usually the online chat feature is great for simple questions, but no answer?  Seriously? What in the world is going on there?  My question was about upgrading my plan, but I think I indirectly got the answer I wanted.  No way.  What if I needed real help?  Why put support options on the site that can't be supported?  It just leaves a terrible impression. 

Userlevel 4

Like most cell carriers, they never had email support except for business users.    Don't know about chat as I haven't used it in a long time.

Having same issue! How the hell do we email or chat? Every time I press the chat icon it brings me to a call us screen or calls my cell phone thats NOT working!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

On my phone on this site is a tab on the lower right corner that says"message us on MyTmobile"