Question

T-Mobile Home Internet Service and Billing

• 16 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

I signed up the T-Mobile Home Internet Service back in January 2021 when I saw the promotion for 50$ per month with autopay.  At the time when I signed up, T-Mobile representative told me that she would add the Home Internet service bill to my existing 8 voice lines account since I already setup the autopay.  She assured me 50$ per month with autopay since Home Internet service is independent from voice line.  When I received the first bill, they charged me 55$, not 50$ as I was told. I then called T-Mobile.  They told me it could be due to the gap between billing cycles and assured me the following bills would be automatically corrected to 50$.

Last month, February 2021, I was still charged 55$, no discount.  I called T-Mobile again.  The T-Mobile representative gave up a 5$ credit and opened a ticket to investigate the problem.  No one from T-Mobile contacted me until I saw the new statement for 55$ again today.  When I called T-Mobile, the representative told me that I already maxed out autopay discounts.  He told me that he could move my  Home Internet Service to a new account but I would be charged 60$ per month with autopay.  The reason was T-Mobile raised Home Internet Service from 50$ to 60$ per month with autopay couple weeks ago.  I said why nobody knew what was going on and informed me in past 2 months.  I could have moved my Home internet service to a new account that could cost me 50$ per month only,   He then told me he was authorized to give me 1 time 60$ credit but I would be charged 55$ per month for the Home Internet Service, until I cancel the service and return the modem.   I am very disappointed.  I have been with T-Mobile for more than 10 years and get penalized for a mistake made by T-Mobile.

5 replies

Badge

I’m seeing the same thing except I just signed up recently @ $60/mo and it shows up as $65 with no indication of an AutoPay discount. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Personally, I am not aware of any maximum on autopay credits but I also have have anywhere near the amount of lines to get close to that many $5 offs.  Try reaching out to the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter to see if they can get you the correct answer and to see if they can get you that autopay credit for the internet service. 

I want internet essentials. 55+

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Also you need to call Tmobile to change your due date and you can only do it once.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/account/whats-impacting-your-bill

I got I

Home internet $50 a month with no plan. Let the plan lapse due to other internet service. I go to add the $70( $50 for the service and $20 reconnect fee) to restart service and they say my bill is  $139.00.  How does a pay as you go bill go from 50 to 139 with no service for 2 months? Will be calling them in the am, this is ridiculous.