I have spoken to T-Mobile many many times regarding their “KEEP and SWITCH” program. I signed up for T-Mobile on 8/21 after having been with ATT for 16 years. When I spoke to the rep on the phone regarding their promotions to come over, he informed me of several things.
- I could go to the local store after paying my $175 “activation” fee to pick up my 5 sim cards for the lines I was bringing over to T-Mobile from ATT. Upon arriving at the store I was told that this was not accurate and they would come in the mail. Nice! wasted an hour driving to and from the store to look like an idiot.
- He also told me that I qualified for 4 of the 5 phones under the “Keep and Switch” program (I am now calling it the bait and switch program). I told him that I owed $966 for each of the 3 iPhone Pro 13 Max phones and $540 for the Samsung Fold. He stated that if I paid them off I would get $800 per phone which would more than cover my expense paid to ATT. I took his word for it and signed up. Paid ATT $3400+ on my credit card with the expectation that I was going to get most if not all of it back from T-Mobile. I was told when signing up that I would see my rebate in 6-8 weeks.
- On 9/13 I contacted RCS Solution Center (T-Mobile Rebate Center) to process my rebate. I was told at this time that I would only get $800 per line and only the 3 iPhones qualified for the “bait and switch” program. Meaning I paid almost $1000 more than I was to get. The Samsung Fold, I was told was the wrong generation. Had I been asked by the rep who signed me up about which generation I had I would have happily told him.
- I did call and get a supervisor on the phone and they did provide me with what is called an “insider” discount. This is good for 20% off my bill forever. Ok, Great, there was an attempt to make the misinformation correct. I didn't ask for this, I just wanted what I was told I would receive. Nothing more.
- I called again on 9/16 once I saw via the web portal that my “bait and switch” rebate had been denied and explained to another supervisor the situation, He was very polite, He was able to get me a $500 bill credit to offset the majority of the Samsung Fold rebait that I was not going to get. We spoke with the rebate center and I was assured by “a T-Mobile Expert” that I would be getting a text within in 5-7 days with my “virtual rebate” card. and that they would keep an eye on my rebate status and call me personally.
- On 9/23 after having gone a week with NO text or call i called again. By this time I was starting to get frustrated. I spoke with a supervisor who connected me to a Supervisor in the rebate center. I was again assured my rebate would be process quickly and within 5-7 days I would see something. I did tell the rep’s at T-Mobile that once we reached 60 days after activation of my services and that I had not gotten what I was told I would get that I would be going elsewhere. Meaning on 10/21, If I haven't gotten what I was told via email and voice that I would leave.
- Today, I called again because on the rebate portal I have had 5 different submissions for my rebate (all of which were processed by the rebate center) “DENIED”. The latest one dated 9/29. Again I was conferenced into the rebate team and “assured by yet another “T-MOBILE” expert that I would be getting my rebate. He stated he would personally watch this and call me.
I haven't asked for anything more than what I was told. I have been told that I would receive $800 per line for the 3 iPhones, and also been told that I would get the $966 per iPhone due to the rebate max being increased in June. I have several emails from the RCS center stating different amounts.
The latest email I received is below. I changed the numbers to iphone 1 - 3 and the submission ID and Tracking number for privacy reasons.
Thank you for reaching back to us, we checked and there was a new submission created on the same day please dont worry as we checked that the submission has no error's and it's on a Pending status.
Here's the details for reference.
Submission ID: not displayed
Tracking ID: not displayed
iphone 1 - $966.61
iphone 2 - $966.61
iphone 3 - $966.61
T-Mobile Business Care
T-Mobile Business Services Group
This has been a complete nightmare. I spent 16 years with ATT and left due to bad service. I didnt think it could have gotten worse. Boy was I wrong. I have spent hours upon hours on hold and speaking to many many folks at T-Mobile. I have come to the conclusion that its highly unlikely that I will be getting any “rebate”. I hope I am wrong. I really do think that T-Mobile has a great line up of services for the price and could be my forever home. I am cautiously optimistic. I am not her bashing on T-Mobile, I hope I am wrong. As of today we are 21 days away from the 60 day date. I did ask the rep today why it took so long for a “virtual” rebate to be provided? Apparently its a 3rd party who handles this and us being in the 21st century where everything is digital takes longer. Not sure I get it.
I think the staff at T-Mobile is amazing, I think their extra freebies and phone services are great. I just dont believe anything I have been told short of the insider and credit I did get.
I would advise before spending large amounts of money out of your own pocket that you get everything in writing. I started my services with T-Mobile in July with their home internet service. It worked ok, but not up to the speeds I really need. So last week I cancelled that. I was told I would get a shipping label via email. After several days it never came. I was told by the rep that I could take it to the store, so I did that… Waited in line for about 45 minutes to be told they couldnt take the modem that I had to return it via UPS. I called again to finally get a rep who actually processed the cancelation and did get the label within minutes. Its been a ride let me tell you!!! There have been other issues… Its reached the point that when I call in, the reps look over the notes and they just cant believe how crazy this has been.
Attached is the online portal showing the rebates.. .of which all 5 submissions have been denied.
I hope it works out and others dont have to enjoy the same experience. Fingers Crossed!!! I do apologize for the bit of “sarcasm”. Its the only way I can tell this without blowing a gasket.
Again, I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that this gets sorted out. I hope I am proved wrong!!!
The 5 submissions all look like this. I have yet to get any reimbursements. Like I said, I did get the bill credit for the fold and the insider discount. I told the reps that I am happy to give that up in lieu of getting what I was told I would receive.