Solved

T-Mobile Magenta max lines/devices

• 28 May 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is well right now. I looked and I found this question from a few years ago, but I wanted to verify it is still correct and make sure I understand the definitions involved.

How many lines/devices can I have on my Magenta plan? What exactly counts as a line? Phone, iPad, Hotspot, etc.

Example, I currently have 14 "lines". I have 10 phones, 3 iPads, and a Hotspot. How many can I have, and in what combination?

Can I add any more voice lines? What about iPads, hotspots, or watches? I am just trying to understand my options.

Thank you everyone and have a good week.

icon

Best answer by tmo_ian 1 June 2020, 19:58

View original

2 replies

The max number of lines often depends on your particular plan, however, any device that connects to the T-Mobile network directly is considered a "line". For example, a watch that connects to the internet on it's own through data (not wifi) and does not require your phone be connected by Bluetooth to the watch is a "line", while a watch that works only when connected to your phone that is within 30 feet or so is not a separate "line".

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

This is spot on, it really does depend on your plan and account type. Your best bet is to contact us over the phone or on Facebook/Twitter. They'll be able to look at your account and provide accurate information on what's available for you.